Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2018, 04:39 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,435,268 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogboa View Post
So you're alright with putting something in a cookbook without ever making or developing it yourself? Not my style. Would never represent someone else's recipe as my own.
Don't put words into my mouth. I didn't say any of the things you posted here - maybe smack your head less and comprehend more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2018, 04:44 PM

22,662 posts, read 24,605,343 times
My cookbook is no cookbook at all. Yuck, I do my best to avoid venturing too deeply into anything that has to do with food. Why, much of my life has been too much about food......better for me to avoid as much as possible or I will eventually end-up in a fatcart.

Old 09-17-2018, 04:57 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,831,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogboa View Post
So you're alright with putting something in a cookbook without ever making or developing it yourself? Not my style. Would never represent someone else's recipe as my own.

Where in the world did you get that from the post?

Old 09-17-2018, 05:30 PM

27,073 posts, read 11,863,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenwings View Post
I switched many years ago to olive oil. I also use real butter. The truth is that olive oil has a particular molecular structure which is very good for the human body, whereas canola oil has a molecular structure which is not. People do not realize there is no such thing as a "canola" plant. That name stands for "Canada Oil = Canola. Canada was given a multimillion dollar contract to manufacture canola oil from the rapeseed plant many yrs ago and people began to say it was good for you. Far from it. In earlier studies they fed canola to livestock and they became infertile and their skin broke out.

Recent research, for instance, has uncovered damage canola oil consumption triggers in your brain and the effect this may have on your memory and learning ability.3 The study, published in the journal Nature, also found the consumption of canola oil increased weight gain.

Canola Oil Negatively Affects Brain Health and Weight Management

The study was led by researcher Dr. Domenico Praticò from Lewis Katz School of Medicine at Temple University in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Praticò commented to the Los Angeles Times that canola oil is perceived by many to be healthy — a widespread misconception:4

"Canola oil is appealing because it is less expensive than other vegetable oils, and it is advertised as being healthy. Very few studies, however, have examined that claim, especially in terms of the brain."

https://nexusnewsfeed.com/article/he...body-and-mind/

Article The Great Con-ola
NEXUS MAGAZINE: The Great Canola Con

My MD said no more Canola so what to use for high temp cooking? Olive oil is for low temps.

Old 09-17-2018, 06:13 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,863,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
My MD said no more Canola so what to use for high temp cooking? Olive oil is for low temps.
Peanut or avocado oil?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 09-18-2018, 06:01 AM

1,934 posts, read 1,084,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Where in the world did you get that from the post?
My post was quoted where I said I would not include salmon dishes other than what I said I would eat. My conclusion from the bolded text.

Old 09-18-2018, 01:55 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,111,286 times
Southern cooking.

Old 07-05-2020, 01:16 PM

5,504 posts, read 6,248,873 times
I self-published an Italian cookbook about 10 yrs. ago. It was a lot of fun to write but with my research and notes it took 2 yrs. to write.

Old 07-05-2020, 04:05 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,883,248 times
Mine would I guess be some sort of combo of food history and anthropology.

It would look at different foods and their cousins in other parts of the world.

For example, jollof rice in West Africa became red rice in South Carolina and jambalaya in Louisiana.

Chimichurri has cousins in North Africa, the Middle East, India and West Africa.

Pesto in Italy is pistou in France.

There a bunch of cured pork products in Asia that are similar to ones in Italy. And of course the US.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink