Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2008, 08:24 PM

52,691 posts, read 47,963,336 times

Advertisements

In Dallas, I know of at least three. First, Dickey's Barbecue Pit, which started 67 years ago, is expanding all across the country. Second, a relatively new franchise, Paciugo Gelato, which specializes in Italian-style ice cream. Finally, Bob's Steak and Chop House. It's become a popular fine dining chain that features a cooked carrot as a garnish. They're based in Dallas and have locations in Denver and San Francisco.

Old 04-05-2008, 11:32 PM

268 posts, read 1,160,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
In Dallas, I know of at least three. First, Dickey's Barbecue Pit, which started 67 years ago, is expanding all across the country. Second, a relatively new franchise, Paciugo Gelato, which specializes in Italian-style ice cream. Finally, Bob's Steak and Chop House. It's become a popular fine dining chain that features a cooked carrot as a garnish. They're based in Dallas and have locations in Denver and San Francisco.
There's way more than that in Dallas. When I lived there, it seemed like every restaurant was based in the Dallas area or somewhere in Texas. Let me see if I can help you name a few more in Dallas: Fogo de Chao, Dave & Busters, Chili's, Macaroni Grill, On the Border, Maggiano's, Bennigan's, La Madeleine's, Ci Ci's Pizza, Chuck E Cheese, and Pizza Hut.

Old 04-06-2008, 01:18 PM

112 posts, read 436,985 times
Cracker Barrel is in Lebanon, TN, a suburb of Nashville. Mmmm, I can hear a pancacke breakfast with cheesy hasbrown casserole calling out to me...

O'Charleys and Captain D's are also headquartered in Nashville, I've drove by them. A quick wikipedia search shows that J. Alexanders and Logan's Roadhouse are also here.

Old 04-06-2008, 04:33 PM

3,247 posts, read 9,052,777 times
Restaurants that started in San Antonio:

Taco Cabana
Fuddruckers
Marcorni Grill
Church's Fried Chicken
Rudy's BBQ

Old 04-06-2008, 04:34 PM

3,247 posts, read 9,052,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
Dickey BBQ is rated the worst BBQ in San Antonio plus it is way overpriced

Old 04-08-2008, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imaterry78259 View Post
Dickey BBQ is rated the worst BBQ in San Antonio plus it is way overpriced
I don't know where you got your info, ima, and I'm sorry if you've had a bad experience at Dickey's. The last time I checked, this thread is about listing corporate-owned restaurants in our respective cities, so let's leave it at that, please.

Old 04-09-2008, 03:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alterego View Post
There's way more than that in Dallas. When I lived there, it seemed like every restaurant was based in the Dallas area or somewhere in Texas. Let me see if I can help you name a few more in Dallas: Fogo de Chao, Dave & Busters, Chili's, Macaroni Grill, On the Border, Maggiano's, Bennigan's, La Madeleine's, Ci Ci's Pizza, Chuck E Cheese, and Pizza Hut.
I can't believe I've forgotten Pizza Hut. I've seen the building right here in North Dallas.

Old 04-09-2008, 05:30 AM

3,576 posts, read 10,658,517 times
Ham's, based in Greensboro, NC.
Golden Corral, based in Raleigh, NC.
Tripps, based in Greensoro, NC.
Hardees, based in Rocky Mount, NC.

Old 04-09-2008, 07:19 AM

3,928 posts, read 11,603,566 times
A recent customer who owns 19 Burger King restaurants told me that Tampa is a test market for new food items by many restaurants, so I guess we'll eat anything. Ha!! Tampa Bay is headquarters for Caspers (McDonald's Franchisee), Checkers (best chain fries IMO), Outback Steakhouse (along with its sister stores--Carraba's Italian Grill, Bonefish Grill, Fleming's Prime Steakhouse, Roy's, Blue Coral, Cheeseburger in Paradise & Leroy Selmon's), Shells Seafood Restaurant, Hops Grill & Brewery, and Magic Wok International. Hooters Restaurant that got its start in Tampa moved headquarters to Atlanta. I'm sure that Tampa has at least one of every national chain restaurant.

Post Hurricane Katrina, Ruth's Chris Steakhouse moved their headquarters from New Orleans to Orlando. Ruth's Chris also owns Mitchell's Fish Market (I think).

Last edited by TampaKaren; 04-09-2008 at 08:10 AM.. Reason: Added Ruth's Chris

Old 05-12-2009, 10:10 AM

1,642 posts, read 4,094,539 times
I can think of several, SEA ISLAND SHRIMP HOUSE, TACO CABANA, WING STOP, JIM'S COFFEE SHOP, DOUBLE DAVES PIZZA, BILL MILLER BBQ... Most are usually very good
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink