Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 07:29 PM

513 posts, read 896,706 times

Advertisements

Dominos
;pizza hut
pizzeria uno
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2008, 09:40 AM

979 posts, read 3,827,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eggalegga View Post
1. Godfather's
2. Pizza Hut
3. Papa Murphy's
4. Dominos

We also have Papa John's but I can't stand their pizza. Whenever I have a choice in the matter, I ALWAYS choose Godfather's combo. Yum!
Yes! Godfather's IS really good. Their crust is really buttery. Unfortunately they are at all the Hess gas stations here so I usually buy the ones that have been sitting in the window for too long. I should just start ordering the fresh ones. So yummy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scraper Enthusiast View Post
Hungry Howie's is based out of the Detroit area, I believe. When I went to college in Statesboro, Georgia, there was a Hungrie Howie's. Talk about flavored-crust pizza. It closed. I don't know of any other stores in Georgia.
Yes. The first original chain was in Taylor, Mi and their official headquarters is in Madison Heights, Mi. You are correct, suh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
Anyone here ever tried Cici's? It's not "top of the line" pizza, but if you're hungry and on a budget you can't beat it.
Gosh, That is so weird. You just made me realize I had a dream last night that I was in CiCi's. Never have really been there though..... Only in my dreams!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuralCoastalGuy View Post
Truth be told I wouldn't rank any of the national pizza chains as any good as they all copy from each other and skimp on quality ingredients. Local pizza houses try harder as they know that word of mouth is what gets them business. For the best pizza in town I always rely on my Wife to make her own from scratch...nothing better if you know pizza
Yeah there is this pizza place by my house that is called "Pizza Mania". SUCH a terrible name but the pizza......... MOUTH WATERING GOODNESS, I tell you!

Old 04-04-2008, 09:49 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,494,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
Anyone here ever tried Cici's? It's not "top of the line" pizza, but if you're hungry and on a budget you can't beat it.
Sorry, my husband calls that place Feces. And he's not even a foodie like I am!

I don't really like any of the chain pizza places, but I guess I'd have to say

1) Dominos

2) Pizza Hut (avoid the Pizza Mia)

Little Caesars is worse than CiCi's! I'll NEVER eat that again, it's probably the worst pizza I've ever had, and I've had it many times. Its cheap price made it popular for parties and other events when I was a kid.

If you really want to do pizza buffet, we have Mr. Gatti's which is OK but not great.

Old 04-04-2008, 09:54 AM

4,729 posts, read 19,423,332 times
Yes, CiCi's is dreadful. A similar chain which is better in that category is eatza pizza.

Old 04-04-2008, 10:15 AM

18,949 posts, read 43,578,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by groove1 View Post
Yes, CiCi's is dreadful. A similar chain which is better in that category is eatza pizza.
LOL. The most dreadful part is when you walk in the door and everyone shouts "Hey, welcome to Cici's!!". They usually will do it when you leave too, but I try to quietly sneak out unnoticed.

Old 04-05-2008, 08:56 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,823,165 times
CPK is good. Other than that I like locally owned pizza joints.

Old 04-06-2008, 10:43 PM

3,051 posts, read 11,589,625 times
I'd have to say my favorite pizza from a "chain" restaurant is Nick-N-Willys. Their pizzas are the best I've ever had from a national chain. My second choice would have to be the Pizza Factory (though they're only in 10 states), followed by Pizza Hut since, from my experience, they seem to be most consistent about having good pizza. Most of the other chains have disappointed me more than once, and I find it difficult to go back when they aren't as good as they should be.

Last edited by jdavid93225; 04-06-2008 at 10:55 PM..

Old 04-10-2008, 11:54 AM

793 posts, read 3,121,663 times
Local pizza usually wins out, but as unpopular as this is to many, when I have lived in NY, I despised most NY style pizza (at least suburban NY, as I often couldn't get into the city). Fortunately where I live now, there are several excellent local venues.
I made it a point after nearly 40 failed attempts in other establishments to only order Papa John's in NY. Guess it is the melted garlic butter that wins me over. Pizza Hut would be second. But stay far away from this new traditional style they came out with recently. I believe it is called "Mama Lena's". Some one ordered it for a bunch of us at work one evening and I assumed I would be getting the norm from Pizza Hut. The stuff was horrendously bad: no cheese to speak, little sauce with no flavor to speak of, overly dry and bland.
Domino's: have yet to meet anyone who actually likes it.
Uno's: completely has gone down hill. I gave up after getting some overly doughy junk from three separate Unos locations. The third try was actually at the original Uno's in Chicago. They had a location here local to me recently close down. I don't know what happened, but Uno's has completely gone down hill the last five years. The pizza is now just a big ball of dough with little topping and no sauce to speak of.

Old 04-10-2008, 12:26 PM

30 posts, read 86,727 times
1. Pizza Hut
2. Domino (Have to eat it fresh. Nasty when eaten as leftover.)
3. CPK is so so
4. Papa John (Maybe I should order that tonigh. Haven't had it in a while.)

Old 04-10-2008, 04:30 PM

1,309 posts, read 4,190,122 times
Red Brick Pizza has some good stuff, but I don't know if they could be considered "nationwide" yet. At last check I think they were in CA, AZ, NV, CO, TX & FL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink