Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2018, 06:53 PM

4,992 posts, read 5,290,988 times

Advertisements

We started Tuesday night as spaghetti night because it was easy, the kids loved it, and we had scouts that night. I started Thursdays as soup night so I didn't have to think hard. Lol! We eat different soups as I have time and ingredients. It varies each week... potato soup, taco soup, Zuppa Toscana, corn chowder, chili, chicken noodle, chicken cilantro lime or anything I find on Pinterest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2018, 08:43 PM

32,937 posts, read 36,359,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geebabe View Post
When I asked him my husband didn't know why his mom did it, but I suspect the commercial may have played a part. He says he could eat spaghetti more than once a week, but not me.

I do like this commercial. Anthony seems excited about Wednesday's dinner.
I remember that commercial.

Old 10-02-2018, 12:00 PM

46 posts, read 50,236 times
My picky Asperger's son LOVES pizza! He used to beg for it nearly every day. I love pizza too, and I wanted to keep enjoying it rather than growing tired of it. So about a year or so ago, I suggested making Friday night Pizza Night, and my son went for it. He looks forward to Pizza Night every week now. I find myself at work on Fridays feeling relieved that I don't have to figure out what's for dinner that evening. Once in a while, I have thought about using something up on a Friday and moving Pizza Night to Saturday that particular week, but my son declares very solemnly "Oh no Mom! We can't do that. Friday night is Pizza Night!" So I have to just make sure we don't need to use up anything on a Friday night, lol.

Incidentally, when he goes to Youth Group on Sunday evenings, they usually serve pizza. Also sometimes I've been so busy during the week that I end up picking up Little Caesars for dinner another day. So my pizza-loving son has plenty of opportunity to have his favorite food.

My son did suggest once to have Taco Tuesdays, but so far that hasn't taken hold.

Years ago, we had an extremely tight grocery budget. I had a weekly rotation of very cheap meals that were as nutritious as we could afford. I did have some variety to it, but not much.

I recently considered having another meal rotation that would work with our busy schedules, but this time with themes to it as suggested by a previous poster, such as Mexican night, Italian night, Soup/Stew night, etc. I haven't actually implemented this yet, and am not sure if I will. I think the time savings from figuring out what to buy and make would be helpful though.

Old 10-02-2018, 01:07 PM

2,102 posts, read 1,004,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cemsmom View Post
My picky Asperger's son LOVES pizza! He used to beg for it nearly every day. I love pizza too, and I wanted to keep enjoying it rather than growing tired of it. So about a year or so ago, I suggested making Friday night Pizza Night, and my son went for it. He looks forward to Pizza Night every week now.
The really good thing about pizza is that you can mix it up by having a Meat Pizza Night one week and a Veggie Pizza Night the next.

Old 10-02-2018, 03:08 PM

5,847 posts, read 6,186,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumann Koch View Post
The really good thing about pizza is that you can mix it up by having a Meat Pizza Night one week and a Veggie Pizza Night the next.
I usually don't recommend products very often, but my husband and kids love pizza, so last year, my husband bought an outdoor pizza oven on Amazon for $259 (Camp Chef Italia Artisan Pizza Oven) and it's a really inexpensive and compact alternative to a built in brick oven. The only extras you really need to buy are the metal holder to get the pizza in/out of the oven, and a thermometer. It gets up to something like 700-800 degrees and can cook a medium sized pie in around 4 minutes. We make our own dough and keep it in the freezer, vary the toppings to suit different people's tastes etc. I'm not a pizza person, and even I've been surprised by how good they come out.

Old 10-03-2018, 04:56 AM

2,102 posts, read 1,004,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Ag 93 View Post
my husband bought an outdoor pizza oven... It gets up to something like 700-800 degrees and can cook a medium sized pie in around 4 minutes.
Wow, that is really a HOT item!

Old 10-03-2018, 08:16 AM

13,262 posts, read 8,027,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumann Koch View Post
In New Orleans, Monday is red beans and rice day. I remember Prince's TV commercials that announced that Wednesday Is Spaghetti Day. And for many some religions, Friday is fish day.

Does anyone cook the same meal on the same day every week? And why?

We do this.

We make a huge salad on Monday. The salad lasts us to Thursday. It contains at least 2 kinds of lettuce, tomatoes, brocolli, green onions, and mushrooms.

And then on Mondays and Wednesdays, we have fish.
On Tuesdays and Thursdays, we have baked chicken breasts.

Once in awhile, we shake it up and do something different, but that's our general routine.

Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays...it's all up in the air. Could be pizza, could be we go out, could be my husband makes a pot of chilli. Whatever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink