Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2019, 07:38 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,135,704 times

Advertisements

I reread all of the previous posts and enjoyed all the comments all over again. Some of us really like to drink tea!

I would like to try drinking Rooibos tea. I am asking for recs and pointers. Who can help?

PS (I continue to love my Tao of Tea brand Assam. It is truly lovely loose tea. If you are a connoisseur of fine tea, I want to encourage you to try it. )

https://taooftea.com/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2019, 10:25 AM

41,948 posts, read 75,144,160 times
I don't like rooibos on its own, but enjoy it when it's used as a base for other flavors.

Old 01-14-2019, 10:23 PM

1,830 posts, read 1,428,248 times
I love tea, and all five of my teapots get a lot of use. My great grandmother's lovely teapot is only a couple of cups, so it gets the least use, but it's always out for people to admire. My four-cup daily teapot is right by the stovetop, and it's perfect for just me. The teapots to the china and Christmas dishes are six cups, so I bring them out when company's here, as the four-cup is too small then.

I prefer loose tea, so I use a filter/infuser very similar to this one: https://www.amazon.com/finum-63-421-...ld+tea+infuser

Or, when the tea leaves are large enough, or have been rolled like Gunpowder or Dragon Phoenix Pearl, I just drop them into the teapot, and pour through a silver tea strainer that we inherited from Spousal Unit's grandmother.

My favorite is Lapsang Suchong, but there are so many varieties out there that I just have to keep on tasting.

Old 01-19-2019, 02:37 PM

I tried Rooibos. I bought a box of Choice brand teabags.

Meh.

I prefer tea, herbal tea, and rooibos tea, in that order.

Old 01-26-2019, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkay66 View Post
I love tea, and all five of my teapots get a lot of use. My great grandmother's lovely teapot is only a couple of cups, so it gets the least use, but it's always out for people to admire. My four-cup daily teapot is right by the stovetop, and it's perfect for just me. The teapots to the china and Christmas dishes are six cups, so I bring them out when company's here, as the four-cup is too small then.

I prefer loose tea, so I use a filter/infuser very similar to this one: https://www.amazon.com/finum-63-421-...ld+tea+infuser

Or, when the tea leaves are large enough, or have been rolled like Gunpowder or Dragon Phoenix Pearl, I just drop them into the teapot, and pour through a silver tea strainer that we inherited from Spousal Unit's grandmother.

My favorite is Lapsang Suchong, but there are so many varieties out there that I just have to keep on tasting.
I moved my teapot next to my cooktop and kettle just today. It makes the most sense during the colder months. I make tea every day, and the most sensible place for it is next to the stove.

We continue to enjoy our Tao of Tea Malty Assam. I think it is the best tea I've ever drunk.

Old 01-29-2019, 06:04 PM

4,534 posts, read 4,927,812 times
Have a traditional Japanese cast iron pot. It works well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink