Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2018, 10:21 AM

48,518 posts, read 34,807,002 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyLillyLilly View Post
Does no one else use a toaster for toast?

I recall trying it in a toaster oven I had years ago and it came out too moist. The outside was toasted but it wasn't crisp.
We do.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2018, 10:40 AM

42,838 posts, read 26,236,305 times
Quote:

I recall trying it in a toaster oven I had years ago and it came out too moist. The outside was toasted but it wasn't crisp.
We use a toaster, I'm surprised to read the number of people who don't.

Old 12-10-2018, 01:42 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,055,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Now, if you do not have one when would you have had an opportunity to use one? That is pretty interesting?
The same way I have had the opportunity to use Vitamix blenders, Robot Coupe food processors, or any other manner of high end equipment; knowing or being employed by people who do own them.

Really not that complicated.

Old 12-10-2018, 02:02 PM

9,891 posts, read 11,757,343 times
From what I have seen, instead of an air fryer, we have a table top convection oven, and that does what an air fryer does very well. It gets hot, and blows air over the food you are cooking, just as an air fryer is reported to do..

Old 12-10-2018, 03:26 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,135,704 times
Quote:

The last toaster I had made junky toast. It came out too dark or too light. Then I remembered with fondness the toast my grandmother made in the broiler of her Chambers stove. I bought a toaster oven. I now butter bread, put it in the oven, and turn on the toast function. Pretty soon I have toast like I remember.

Old 12-10-2018, 03:27 PM

17,142 posts, read 15,341,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtrader View Post
From what I have seen, instead of an air fryer, we have a table top convection oven, and that does what an air fryer does very well. It gets hot, and blows air over the food you are cooking, just as an air fryer is reported to do..
Same concept. I have a Nuwave Oven also, and it achieves similar results with meats. Certain things, like fries, work better in the air fryer though, and I'm guessing it's something to do with the shape allowing the air to circulate a certain way.

Old 12-11-2018, 05:57 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
Same concept. I have a Nuwave Oven also, and it achieves similar results with meats. Certain things, like fries, work better in the air fryer though, and I'm guessing it's something to do with the shape allowing the air to circulate a certain way.
Good to know: I am still wondering, after I have already turned in my Christmas List if I should have just asked for a larger air fryer. Regardless, whatever I get I will love, I hope anyway.

Old 12-12-2018, 06:16 PM

24,204 posts, read 19,191,156 times
I'd guess it's also the size, with the heating elements much closer to the food. My regular range has a convection oven, but my counter top toaster/convection oven works far better. Mine is fairly large (can hold a 13 inch pizza pan or 6 slices of toast) and it looks like most of the air fryers have a smaller cooking area than that.

Old 12-12-2018, 06:27 PM

4,268 posts, read 8,168,126 times
I love ours, we have had one for years, bought several as gifts (that everyone has loved) and just bought a new one from Wal-Mart on Black Friday that we have yet to try out yet, with the rotisserie.

I made a pork loin in it not too long ago, it was fantastic.

Old 12-13-2018, 06:07 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IonRedline08 View Post
I love ours, we have had one for years, bought several as gifts (that everyone has loved) and just bought a new one from Wal-Mart on Black Friday that we have yet to try out yet, with the rotisserie.

I made a pork loin in it not too long ago, it was fantastic.
We cook a lot of our meat in ours: in fact tonight i will use ours for Salmon. Our daughter doesn't use hers nearly as much as they love to grill, but when she uses it, she too loves it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink