Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2019, 07:55 AM

24,559 posts, read 10,869,900 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
did it yesterday: I used a little salt plus other spices, put the wings and mixed with baking powder and flour in a plastic bag, shock well and popped them in the air fryer for about 20 minutes: the second batch I did a few minutes longer and they were browner but both batches were nice a crisp. thanks for the hint. BTW, I used very little flour. I only wanted enough to be sure they got brown. We use almost on flour except for baking at holiday time. I also sprayed them and used no oil.
20 minutes?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2019, 12:27 PM

48,529 posts, read 34,851,331 times
Quote:
did it yesterday: I used a little salt plus other spices, put the wings and mixed with baking powder and flour in a plastic bag, shock well and popped them in the air fryer for about 20 minutes: the second batch I did a few minutes longer and they were browner but both batches were nice a crisp. thanks for the hint. BTW, I used very little flour. I only wanted enough to be sure they got brown. We use almost on flour except for baking at holiday time. I also sprayed them and used no oil.
Yay! Glad you enjoyed it.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 04-23-2019, 08:43 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep View Post
20 minutes?
Yep, about 20 minutes: I did 15, then turned them for about another 5 of so minutes. It might have been a couple minutes longer but not much. They were the small size already cut. The kids loved them and so did the adults.

Old 04-23-2019, 12:58 PM

24,559 posts, read 10,869,900 times
Quote:
Yep, about 20 minutes: I did 15, then turned them for about another 5 of so minutes. It might have been a couple minutes longer but not much. They were the small size already cut. The kids loved them and so did the adults.
There must be significant differences in equipment. I generally have wings out in under 10 minutes.

Old 04-26-2019, 10:32 PM

79 posts, read 68,249 times
I love my air fryer, but not for the things I thought I would love it for. Haven't been happy with any of the fake fried chicken recipes that I've tried, but I love it for doing simple seasoned (non-breaded) chicken breasts or heating up frozen items.

Old 05-21-2019, 10:10 AM

5 posts, read 4,570 times
I use my air-fryer almost everyday of the week. It's quick and gets the job done without excess oil. Also it's easy to clean. The one caveat is that the coating tends to peel after some time. I've researched and it looks like this is not harmful even though it looks like crap. In any case, I'm glad I bought mine.

Old 05-21-2019, 10:16 AM

9,153 posts, read 9,492,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CustomCa View Post
I use my air-fryer almost everyday of the week. It's quick and gets the job done without excess oil. Also it's easy to clean. The one caveat is that the coating tends to peel after some time. I've researched and it looks like this is not harmful even though it looks like crap. In any case, I'm glad I bought mine.

Which brand/model do you have?

Old 05-21-2019, 03:49 PM

4,852 posts, read 3,647,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Well, maybe if we had ever fried things to begin with it would be more usable, but we realized after we bought it that we don't ever fry anything anyway.
My son bought me one. I use it to crisp precooked Costco bacon. Delish and so much better than microwaving it.

He uses his for frozen veggies - sprays them with olive oil and cuts up a polish sausage, cooks it all together.

Old 06-04-2019, 11:40 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdarocks View Post
I hope I am not repeating someone's post on this thread...I just listened to an air fryer review from America's Test Kitchen. They were surprised to find they really didn't like any of them. They said it's not much different than using a baking rack on a baking sheet in your convection oven. I have never used one, so I don't know...

They've apparently had a change of heart, I just received an Email from them offering an ATK book on air-frying at a substantial discount that begins by saying: Are air fryers really worth the investment of money and counter space? Yes, if you’re looking to use less fat in your cooking, minimize fuss and mess, prepare fast meals and sides that satisfy adults and kids alike, and achieve consistently great results. As you can tell, I’m a convert.

Old 06-05-2019, 08:53 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
They've apparently had a change of heart, I just received an Email from them offering an ATK book on air-frying at a substantial discount that begins by saying: Are air fryers really worth the investment of money and counter space? Yes, if you’re looking to use less fat in your cooking, minimize fuss and mess, prepare fast meals and sides that satisfy adults and kids alike, and achieve consistently great results. As you can tell, I’m a convert.
great: I have never been sorry we have ours and am hoping, at a garage sale this weekend to pick up a second one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink