Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2019, 09:16 AM

68,326 posts, read 54,344,425 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
great: I have never been sorry we have ours and am hoping, at a garage sale this weekend to pick up a second one.
I'm shopping for one myself, 20% off coupon from Bed, Bath & Beyond may be put into play. Or I may buy ATK's book first to see what I can do with one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2019, 06:36 PM

16,393 posts, read 30,258,017 times
I finally used my air fryer to cook off some chicken wings. The first batch ca,e out slightly undercooked due to the differences in size between the different wing sections. The second batch turned out a whole lot better. They were nice and crisp.

I followed the recipe suggestions in the "cookbook" that came with the airfryer. I think that the next time I prepare wings, I will drag the wings through a seasoned cornstarch rather than seasoned flour. I also will cool the wings a bit longer to get them good and crispy.

I am very satisfied with my results and I will be looking for some other ways to use it.

Old 06-11-2019, 05:34 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,663,155 times
I think it is safe to say, more people like or love their air fryers than don't.

Old 06-11-2019, 10:09 AM

68,326 posts, read 54,344,425 times
Quote:
I think it is safe to say, more people like or love their air fryers than don't.

I hope so. Amazon had a 50% off coupon for a 3.2L one with good reviews, for $29.99 I figured it was worth a shot.

Old 06-11-2019, 10:25 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,669,041 times
i find it to be a particularly unattractive appliance so i dont really want to want one. however, i like things that are improvements on what i currently use so i have looked into it. from my online research; it seems like if i am happy with my toaster oven; then i probably shouldnt bother with an air fryer. so i havent gotten one.

Old 06-11-2019, 10:31 AM

4,341 posts, read 2,226,301 times
My wife ordered one.

We used it once and it now sits in a cabinet in the garage.

Maybe we're old curmudgeons but it was a gadget looking for problem that didn't exist for us in our day to day cooking.

Will probably end up on our list of items to sell at the next neighborhood garage sale.

Old 06-14-2019, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekker99 View Post
My wife ordered one.

We used it once and it now sits in a cabinet in the garage.

Maybe we're old curmudgeons but it was a gadget looking for problem that didn't exist for us in our day to day cooking.

Will probably end up on our list of items to sell at the next neighborhood garage sale.
There are a few people out there that feel as you do. Nothing is right for everyone. I bet we are older than you and yet, I can't imagine not having one. It does take some getting used to. If I lived closer to you I would be glad to take it off your hands.

Old 06-14-2019, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
i find it to be a particularly unattractive appliance so i dont really want to want one. however, i like things that are improvements on what i currently use so i have looked into it. from my online research; it seems like if i am happy with my toaster oven; then i probably shouldnt bother with an air fryer. so i havent gotten one.
Well more than unattractive I fine them strange looking. I have friend that thinks like you though. In fact I don't even know if she has a toaster oven. For us, the toaster oven is a must and so is the air fryer. We use them for totally different things.

Old 06-28-2019, 07:48 AM

We now have our new deluxe version. No, I didn't buy it, it was given to me a couple days ago, but old one is going to charity as is my toaster oven. I used it last night just to heat up a frozen casserole and it worked great. This morning I browned bagels: again perfect, mush better than my toaster oven does them. Tomorrow will be the real test: I am trying a whole chicken. Even old ladies can still have things to get excited about.

Old 06-28-2019, 11:06 AM

48,515 posts, read 34,800,001 times
Quote:
Even old ladies can still have things to get excited about.
We have learned the joy of small things.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink