U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2020, 08:55 PM

1,178 posts, read 277,127 times

Advertisements

Every kitchen tool has its limitations. A great microwave and convection oven are our first used tools.

But we use the air fryer virtually every day cooking frozen french fries, reheating day old biscuits/rolls (pizza) and frozen foods of all kinds. I seldom cook more than a couple of items in it, however.

Seldom are we in the kitchen but a few minutes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 05:28 AM

75,841 posts, read 88,728,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
I've used my AF more in the past month than I've used my IP in the three years I've owned it.
I own and use both, but I use my air fryer a lot more. It gets used at lease once a day, sometimes more

Old Today, 11:10 PM

1,961 posts, read 371,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlawrence01 View Post
I finally used my air fryer to cook off some chicken wings. The first batch came out slightly under cooked due to the differences in size between the different wing sections. The second batch turned out a whole lot better. They were nice and crisp.

I followed the recipe suggestions in the "cookbook" that came with the airfryer. I think that the next time I prepare wings, I will drag the wings through a seasoned cornstarch rather than seasoned flour. I also will cool the wings a bit longer to get them good and crispy.

I am very satisfied with my results and I will be looking for some other ways to use it.
Make sure the pieces are similar in size, and the basket isn't over crowded. Use the recipes in the provided cookbook as a starting point. There are thousands of recipes online & in other cookbooks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I think it is safe to say, more people like or love their air fryers than don't.
I've been happily been using mine for close to 4 yrs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I hope so. Amazon had a 50% off coupon for a 3.2L one with good reviews, for $29.99 I figured it was worth a shot.
Sounds good, but you may discover 3.2L isn't big enough. Or it may be the perfect size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
i find it to be a particularly unattractive appliance so i don't really want to want one. however, i like things that are improvements on what i currently use so i have looked into it. from my online research; it seems like if i am happy with my toaster oven; then i probably shouldn't bother with an air fryer. so i haven't gotten one.
I was happy with my toaster oven, but it did have some limitations. So I got my airfryer. There are things that cook better in the toaster oven, while others in the airfryer. But both are very useful. Unfortunately my toaster oven died a while back. So things I would cook in that a forced into my traditional oven. But I will replace it when I have extra $$.

Just consider a toaster oven as a mini traditional oven.

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Can you do something beer battered in the AF or would it have to be a flour/egg/breaded type coating?
Here is a recipe you can try for beer batter.
https://bluejeanchef.com/recipes/beer-battered-fish/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink