Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-17-2006, 10:42 AM
 
Location: Central Jersey - Florida
3,377 posts, read 14,648,030 times
Reputation: 2272

Advertisements

My wifes boss sends a gift package from Harry and David every year (this year he sent the Sleighride Basket). I opened it when it arrived on Friday and I'm sad to say my wife isn't aware that it came with a bag of Moose Munch. I opened it originally just for a taste and lost control. I ate a bit too much before she got home so I did what any self respecting husband would do. I finished the bag off and threw the wrapper away to hide the evidence . I hope the other women in the office don't say anything about Moose Munch on Monday or I'll have some explaining to do!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-18-2006, 12:26 PM
 
Location: The Big D
14,862 posts, read 42,942,337 times
Reputation: 5787
Quote:
Originally Posted by exhdo1 View Post
My wifes boss sends a gift package from Harry and David every year (this year he sent the Sleighride Basket). I opened it when it arrived on Friday and I'm sad to say my wife isn't aware that it came with a bag of Moose Munch. I opened it originally just for a taste and lost control. I ate a bit too much before she got home so I did what any self respecting husband would do. I finished the bag off and threw the wrapper away to hide the evidence . I hope the other women in the office don't say anything about Moose Munch on Monday or I'll have some explaining to do!
LOL!!! Has anyone ever made a cake while the kids were at school and hubby at work and proceeded to eat WAY more than one should all before anyone gets home? I did once. Ate 1/2 the cake so I hid it and ate the rest the next day. LOL!!!

OHH, has anyone tried the Hershey Kiss Cherry Cordial's? OMY HEAVENS!!!!!!!!! GREATNESS!!! No cherry to spit out (I don't like the cherry in the first place).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-18-2006, 12:28 PM
 
Location: God's Country
23,026 posts, read 34,431,295 times
Reputation: 31647
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
LOL!!! Has anyone ever made a cake while the kids were at school and hubby at work and proceeded to eat WAY more than one should all before anyone gets home? I did once. Ate 1/2 the cake so I hid it and ate the rest the next day. LOL!!!

OHH, has anyone tried the Hershey Kiss Cherry Cordial's? OMY HEAVENS!!!!!!!!! GREATNESS!!! No cherry to spit out (I don't like the cherry in the first place).
Yes I had some the new candy last night I LOVED it!! But I like the chocolate covered cherries too. The candy is limited so you better stock up
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-18-2006, 12:29 PM
 
Location: Springfield, Missouri
2,815 posts, read 12,997,724 times
Reputation: 2000001497
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
LOL!!! Has anyone ever made a cake while the kids were at school and hubby at work and proceeded to eat WAY more than one should all before anyone gets home? I did once. Ate 1/2 the cake so I hid it and ate the rest the next day. LOL!!!

OHH, has anyone tried the Hershey Kiss Cherry Cordial's? OMY HEAVENS!!!!!!!!! GREATNESS!!! No cherry to spit out (I don't like the cherry in the first place).
Well, I bought Swiss Colony Petit Fours as gifts for Christmas....boxes of 24 for my friends....
A box of 120 for myself....and I've eaten 13 so far and in about five seconds I'm reaching for the 14th one...
They're so rich I can only eat a few a day, but darn are they tasty
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-18-2006, 01:54 PM
 
Location: Daingerfield, TX
613 posts, read 799,000 times
Reputation: 159
It is tradition that I buy my dad a box of chocolate covered cherries every year and wrap them up and he opens them on Christmas eve with his other gifts. Well...new flavor this year, peppermint chococate covered cherries....anxious to see what he thinks of those!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-18-2006, 01:56 PM
 
Location: Daingerfield, TX
613 posts, read 799,000 times
Reputation: 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMark View Post
Well, I bought Swiss Colony Petit Fours as gifts for Christmas....boxes of 24 for my friends....
A box of 120 for myself....and I've eaten 13 so far and in about five seconds I'm reaching for the 14th one...
They're so rich I can only eat a few a day, but darn are they tasty


hmmm...decided to go with Swiss Colony and not Marie Belle's? I thought those were your favorite, Mo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-18-2006, 04:11 PM
 
Location: Springfield, Missouri
2,815 posts, read 12,997,724 times
Reputation: 2000001497
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTexas85 View Post
hmmm...decided to go with Swiss Colony and not Marie Belle's? I thought those were your favorite, Mo.
The Marie Belle is more expensive...BY FAR...so I did order Marie Belle, but I bought those for my parents, grandmother, and my sister/brother-in-law. The Marie Belle has already been delivered to them in California. It was a bit over $200!
On the other hand, the petit fours were much less expensive and so I'm indulging in those
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-18-2006, 06:42 PM
 
5,019 posts, read 14,130,736 times
Reputation: 7091
Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticLady1 View Post
Great tips, Evey! But, I do have a confession. I put out carrots, but, in my defense, they are baby carrots. Is that a little better? And, I do have other things.

I think as long as you provide plenty of high fat Ranch dressing for dipping, you are still well within acceptable bounds.

Be sure to offer cheesecake or something for dessert, just in case
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-18-2006, 08:17 PM
 
Location: New Jersey
1,507 posts, read 5,913,855 times
Reputation: 1452
Default I Love your MOTTO!!!!!!

Remember this motto to live by:


"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

I'm going to print this little MOTTO out on a nice Christmasy Paper and POST on the fancy mirror in our dining room on Christmas Day. My ultra thin/Guilt ridden/ borderline anorexic Sister needs to read that one. But I'm sure she will disappear out the door (as usual) when I announce "Dinner is Ready"

Thank you so much for that wonderful Motto. I really do agree w/ you !! Wooooo Hooooooo !!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top