Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2019, 07:07 AM

17,330 posts, read 33,032,639 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
Sunday - rotisserie chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy, corn.

Monday - chicken sandwiches on French bread, big salad. Margot had mango, a carrot/pea purée, and some Cheerios.

The baby food is becoming a tough sell now that she’s had real food like roast chicken and mashed potatoes (and bites of everything I eat). I may be making a local food pantry very happy soon.
Mashed potatoes! That's my girl!! Has she had fries yet? (Omg, did I miss that?!?!???) Video will be required for that event.

Old 11-05-2019, 08:10 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
Sunday - rotisserie chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy, corn.

Monday - chicken sandwiches on French bread, big salad. Margot had mango, a carrot/pea purée, and some Cheerios.

The baby food is becoming a tough sell now that she’s had real food like roast chicken and mashed potatoes (and bites of everything I eat). I may be making a local food pantry very happy soon.
Go for it: none of my kids ate much baby food after they had enough teeth to chew at all and 2 of the 3 got their first teeth by 4 months After they were about 8 or 10 months old, baby food was just something kept for emergencies and even then a lot of it was home made. They all grew up to be good eaters and none of them have any health problems that were caused my eating real good too young.

Old 11-05-2019, 08:12 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
We are having Talapia, fruit salad if the bananas i got at Aldi's yesterday get ripe and I think I will do Brussel sprouts.

Old 11-05-2019, 08:31 AM

126,274 posts, read 19,045,264 times
I played today outside rake,fetch and catch the leaves and I felt like a kid again.
Saw the first snow flurries and Mr.Winter is definitely knocking on the door.Should I open the door?Thinking to let him in by the end of this month.

I have in the slow cooker yellow and black lentils and just made the tarka/mix of spices fried in oil.The house smells good after all those aromatic spices.The soup will be served with chapatis,homemade yogurt and lime pickle.To drink lassi.For dessert orange slices.Can hardly wait for the daily grapefruit.

Old 11-05-2019, 10:48 AM

12,040 posts, read 8,418,487 times
Your soup sounds good, Alm, and the usual intriguing mix of exotic flavors.

The kitty we have now is an indoor girl but her sister, who we lost last year, loved to go out with DH and chase and pounce while he raked leaves. Sounds like fun.

After a couple weeks of cooking like a madwoman I'm temporarily at a standstill. Think perhaps waffles with sausage patties and real home-harvested maple syrup. Lucky to have a friend whose family does that every year.

There are no sweets in the house. DH watched hopefully (like MagicShark's doggie, R.I.P.) while they all went out the door. I think it's time for my grandma's oatmeal, walnut, raisin cookies. She ran a boarding house for the school teachers and all her recipes are enormous. Since I don't have patience to make seven or eight dozen cookies I put the dough in a huge sheet pan and call them bars. Works just fine.

I just love these century old prairie recipes. They keep well, involve things you normally have on hand and are tried and true. This one even has the beloved "pumpkin pie spices" in it.

Old 11-05-2019, 11:00 AM

4,481 posts, read 3,640,250 times
Tonight it is smothered turkey wings, red beans & rice, collards, corn muffins and the rest of the banana cake for dessert.

Old 11-05-2019, 11:29 AM

50,371 posts, read 63,977,343 times
I’m making Laura707s Doritos Casserole and a fruit salad.

Old 11-05-2019, 12:06 PM

4,481 posts, read 3,640,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I’m making Laura707s Doritos Casserole and a fruit salad.
I remember her! I wonder what became of her?

Old 11-05-2019, 02:38 PM

10,048 posts, read 18,072,703 times
Default and more veggies ...

Chicken and veggies again for dinner, but slightly different ... used Shake & Bake parmesan crusted flavor on the chicken, and added carrots and tomatoes to the veggies so they are a bit more colorful than yesterday's ...

Everything was REALLY good. That was a chicken leg quarter (89 cents a pound!) so I have half of it left for tomorrow's lunch.

Old 11-05-2019, 02:56 PM

12,040 posts, read 8,418,487 times
Karen, you make the most inviting veggie mélange.

Someone asked for the oatmeal cookie recipe. I'll put it in the recipe forum.

And if you don't mind, gentlearts, I'd like that Dorito recipe. Yesterday I was reading the food section of the newest "Mpls/St. Paul Magazine" and they mentioned a new food stand had opened that served something that sounded like a walking taco - a bag of Doritos ripped open and topped with fixin's. It sounded so good. Those things are addictive.

Odd fact: We once had a patient at the hospital who was diagnosed with an eating disorder. Seems all he would eat was Doritos. Of course he was quite ill but I could see where he was coming from!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink