Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2019, 09:46 AM

23,537 posts, read 24,029,400 times

Advertisements

I’ll buy an Egg McMuffin & coffee on occasion. Enjoy the taste of the sandwich and the convenience, but I don’t consume it frequently.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2019, 09:48 AM

1,830 posts, read 1,358,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
I'm not a big fast food guy, but I admit, McDonald's breakfasts are generally on point. I don't care for that square folded egg thing they do for some of their sandwiches, but I do love their signature round egg, and they do replace the square with those when requested.

I'm normally very cautious as to what I put in my body (beer being my only general weakness) but McD's breakfasts do find their way into my belly every once in a while.
Good to know. I also prefer the rounded egg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Used to love their steak, egg, and cheese bagel thing.

Hash browns are the best in the business.
Love em. I discovered a nearly identical product at the local budget grocery store in college, and bought them by the case as frozen patties. You just reheat and crisp them up in a regular toaster.

Old 01-04-2019, 10:09 AM

1,347 posts, read 945,598 times
I love McDonald's breakfast. I generally get a BEC biscuit or an egg mcmuffin sans egg. And hash brown.

We usually order a big breakfast if the family goes out, my spouse and son split that.

Not mentioned here, but I love their iced mochas (my drink of choice with said breakfast).

In the interest of full disclosure, I worked at McDonald's as a youth, so I'm biased towards them.

Old 01-04-2019, 10:13 AM

5,118 posts, read 3,418,195 times
I used to enjoy McD breakfasts when we were traveling, but since free breakfasts are now included at most hotels, I haven't had it in years. I would get the egg/sausage/cheese sandwiches and rarely, hash browns. Maybe I'll have breakfast for lunch soon.

Old 01-04-2019, 10:28 AM

17,201 posts, read 15,390,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyDancer View Post
I love McDonald's breakfast. I generally get a BEC biscuit or an egg mcmuffin sans egg. And hash brown.

We usually order a big breakfast if the family goes out, my spouse and son split that.

Not mentioned here, but I love their iced mochas (my drink of choice with said breakfast).

In the interest of full disclosure, I worked at McDonald's as a youth, so I'm biased towards them.
I personally don't see anything particularly wrong with them (compared to other fast food places.)

I very rarely eat fast food, but sometimes, I do go there with my kids for a treat, and their food is fine. They list their ingredients, so if you're in fear of not eating "real food ()" get something with ingredients you recognize.
The worst part of a fast food place like McDonald's is the soda and sodium. The beef patties in their burgers are made of -- you guessed it -- beef.

Old 01-04-2019, 10:40 AM

8,590 posts, read 12,347,410 times
Generally I only eat McDonald's if we are traveling--maybe 5 times a year. It's easy to pick up and go for a car ride or a cheap option for breakfast while on vacation.

I tend to get the Egg McMuffin or the sausage McMuffin. Since I don't eat many potatoes, the hash brown patty is a salty, fried treat. The biscuits are too hard to eat on the go. I also like the oatmeal and the yogurt parfaits. The yogurt is kind of sugary, but it's fine once in awhile.

Old 01-04-2019, 11:18 AM

1,567 posts, read 1,186,509 times
Typically when we are on a road trip we will stop at a McDonald's and grab a breakfast to go. Hubby loves their Mcgriddles. I enjoy those from time to time, or usually just an Egg McMuffin. I used to love their hash browns, but I've lost the taste for them. Now they kind of taste like chemicals to me.

Old 01-04-2019, 11:25 AM

5,404 posts, read 15,995,916 times
I prefer Hardee's biscuits....so delish!

Old 01-04-2019, 11:46 AM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,858,538 times
Most people who don't "like" fast food are usually trying to hold themselves out as superior. And then they go get a 1,000 calorie meal at a restaurant and think they are so cool because they paid a waiter to deliver their food.

Old 01-04-2019, 12:07 PM

1,347 posts, read 945,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorges View Post
Maybe I'll have breakfast for lunch soon.
I did this the last time we went there (ordered off breakfast menu for dinner) - it was oddly liberating and I almost felt giddy like I was breaking the rules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
Most people who don't "like" fast food are usually trying to hold themselves out as superior. And then they go get a 1,000 calorie meal at a restaurant and think they are so cool because they paid a waiter to deliver their food.
LOL, so true. I knew this thread would attract the food snobs and nutritionists but I posted anyways.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink