Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2019, 05:36 AM

77,772 posts, read 104,313,949 times

Advertisements

I am so happy we have frozen pizza in the freezer and if we didn't I would be ordering it from one of those Pizza places the OP refers too. We will have some Mon night and we leave for 2 weeks on Tues morning. Paper plates will our china, pizza will be our gourmet meal and wine our drink of choice; No dishes, no clean up and noting to worry about.

Old 02-02-2019, 05:36 AM

23,911 posts, read 32,232,721 times
I don't like most people's home made pizza, either. Usually they buy the dough someplace anyway. It tastes very bread like. Almost like a refrigerated roll.

I leave Pizza to the pros - professionals with the right ovens and family secret recipes from the "Old Country". I also avoid corporate pizza, Corporate food in general.

Old 02-02-2019, 05:49 AM

2,679 posts, read 2,880,262 times
Pizza is quite possibly THE most overrated food of all time. It's just so readily available, and largely unappealing. No nuance. No subtlety. Often gauche.

It's so generic, it really shouldn't even be discussed. I don't care if it's from Italy, Chicago or NYC. It's JUST PIZZA. Smh.

If I never had another slice of pizza in my life, I'd be fine.

Old 02-02-2019, 05:51 AM

68,292 posts, read 54,124,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
It's better than tap water in a lot of other places in the USA, but I don't know if that really equates to better pizza and bagels. I think it has more to do with the ingredients and method of preparation. In my experience, bagels outside of areas with significant Jewish populations are simply shaped like bagels, but not made with the hard outside and chewy inside of real bagels. It's not the water, it's that they are nothing but regular bread baked round with a hole in the center and called "bagels".

But the other kind is OK for making pizza bagels, she said in an attempt to be on topic...

Actually, unlike bread, traditional bagels are boiled before baking. I believe there's also some type of malt product added to the water they're boiled in.

Last edited by burdell; 02-02-2019 at 05:59 AM..

Old 02-02-2019, 05:57 AM

34,152 posts, read 18,427,189 times
A conventional home oven does not get hot enough to make a decent pizza crust. Yes, people modify them, and remove the temperature limiter off just to make pizza, but most don't. I pre-cook my crust before adding the sauce, cheese, and toppings yet still get a soggy pizza. I give up.

Old 02-02-2019, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserNamesake View Post
Pizza is quite possibly THE most overrated food of all time. It's just so readily available, and largely unappealing. No nuance. No subtlety. Often gauche.

It's so generic, it really shouldn't even be discussed. I don't care if it's from Italy, Chicago or NYC. It's JUST PIZZA. Smh.

If I never had another slice of pizza in my life, I'd be fine.

What kind of pizzas have you tried that led you to that conclusion?

Old 02-02-2019, 06:03 AM

2,679 posts, read 2,880,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
What kind of pizzas have you tried that led you to that conclusion?

All of them lol

It's just dough, a tomato mixture and cheese.... let's just cut the crap here. Pizza isn't really worthy of much discussion. People have been duped and continue to be duped. It's just friggin' pizza, people.

Old 02-02-2019, 07:24 AM

9,150 posts, read 10,847,083 times
Pizza tonight, in Pittsburgh, PA, where there is no longer any point to buying pizza from a pizza place—at least, not the kind of pizza place Scooby Snacks originally posted about:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BtW0_b9BOG_/

Old 02-02-2019, 07:31 AM

Quote:
All of them lol

It's just dough, a tomato mixture and cheese..
.. let's just cut the crap here. Pizza isn't really worthy of much discussion. People have been duped and continue to be duped. It's just friggin' pizza, people.

And bread is just flour, yeast, salt, and water. Are you also unable to detect nuance or subtlety between Wonder bread and a well made baguette?

And this may come as a great shock to you but there are VAST differences among things that would be classified as dough, tomato mixtures, and/or cheese.

Last edited by burdell; 02-02-2019 at 07:50 AM..

Old 02-02-2019, 07:45 AM

1,934 posts, read 1,066,459 times
Quote:
All of them lol

It's just dough, a tomato mixture and cheese.... let's just cut the crap here. Pizza isn't really worthy of much discussion. People have been duped and continue to be duped. It's just friggin' pizza, people.
You need to expand your horizons! Not all pizzas use tomato sauce! We make homemade pizzas that use apricot sauce, crawfish tails and three cheeses. Also a fig jam, gorgonzola and prosciutto. There are many others and once you try coal or wood fired pizza, you'll find a new dimension in flavor. Ever have a pulled pork pizza?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink