Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2019, 10:38 AM

6,727 posts, read 9,955,064 times

Advertisements

I like chocolate covered coconut Easter eggs sliced thin on crackers. Go ahead, laugh. You'll never know what you're missing.

I was 19 years old, living in an almost abandoned building and found an unopened box of Ritz crackers.

It was a week or so after Easter and a friendly grocer (things were different back then) gave me an unsold coconut egg.

It's true - everything's better when it sits on a Ritz.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2019, 10:39 AM

12,043 posts, read 8,425,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
That is really different.

I thought of the question in a different way. Can you imagine what ever possessed the first person to eat a raw oyster? You would need to be really hungry, with no other options.

New to me: at a bar, a girl asked for Guinness and Bloody Mary mix. I dont know what it’s called, but I’d never heard of it.
We used to drink "red beers" sometimes in the summer. A mix of tomato juice or Bloody Mary mix and a tap.

In the Yucatan they drink micheladas made with beer, lime juice, a chili-based sauce, spice, tomato juice and chili pepper.

Old 02-20-2019, 10:58 AM

126,280 posts, read 19,053,589 times
Quote:

New to me: at a bar, a girl asked for Guinness and Bloody Mary mix. I dont know what it’s called, but I’d never heard of it.
That is new for me too.

I do like Guinness beer with Champagne once in a while.
My father used to drink that on New Years Eve.

Old 02-20-2019, 11:00 AM

88,586 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
One of my guilty pleasures is dark chocolate M & Ms with red wine.
I eat dark chocolate, but in bar form, with red wine. It just goes.

Old 02-20-2019, 11:01 AM

126,280 posts, read 19,053,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I eat dark chocolate, but in bar form, with red wine. It just goes.
Yes Ritter Sport hazelnut chocolate and a glass of red wine sounds perfect.

Old 02-20-2019, 11:02 AM

88,586 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almrausch View Post
Yes Ritter Sport hazelnut chocolate and a glass of red wine sounds perfect.
LOL, I HAVE hazelnut chocolate here but a different brand. Later tonight, that will be my treat.

Old 02-20-2019, 11:13 AM

9,150 posts, read 10,896,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
So, tell us about the seemingly weird ways you eat certain dishes?
Like cereal with OJ instead of milk.
I don't eat cold cereal often, but when I do, it's either dry, straight out of the box, or else with apple cider. The fresh kind you buy cold in the produce department. It's the only thing that works. I started it during the Great Oat Bran Craze of the 1980s.

Old 02-20-2019, 11:48 AM

24,580 posts, read 10,884,023 times
Quote:
That is really different.

I thought of the question in a different way. Can you imagine what ever possessed the first person to eat a raw oyster? You would need to be really hungry, with no other options.

I have seen beer and tomato juice. To me it tasted like a waste of two perfectly fine drinks.
What I am familiar with is Pilsner beer and bubbly - lady's set and wheat beer and bubbly - gent's set; generally with piccolo sized bottles of bubbly.

Canned white beans in tomatoe sauce and a spoon. When I moved out from home I found a case and a P35 on the kitchen counter of my place. Do not heat!

Last edited by Threestep2; 02-20-2019 at 11:57 AM..

Old 02-20-2019, 12:03 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,111,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar View Post
We used to drink "red beers" sometimes in the summer. A mix of tomato juice or Bloody Mary mix and a tap.

In the Yucatan they drink micheladas made with beer, lime juice, a chili-based sauce, spice, tomato juice and chili pepper.
They are called Bloody Beers. Very common in the south.

My husband drinks them all the time.

I like sausage patties on buttered toast with grape or strawberry jam on one side and mustard on the other side. It's delicious.

Old 02-20-2019, 12:48 PM

4,189 posts, read 3,402,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
I actually don't know anyone who orders coffee with dessert or has a pot brewing when it is time to serve dessert at home.

That would be me.

The only meal with which I drink coffee is breakfast.

As for strange ways of eating food, all I can think of is cream of rice with salt, pepper and butter....I'm sure I'll think of more.

Oh, and Tabasco on fruit? There's a fruit shake called Tajin, which is chili and lime. Only I serve it on warm broccoli with mayo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink