Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2019, 01:42 AM

6,288 posts, read 11,770,914 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
Are there any fans of the classic cheeseburger from McDonald's? I'm talking about the small burger with just one small patty, cheese, mustard, ketchup, onions and pickle, on a plain bun.
Yeah about once every six weeks I get a craving for one and I go to the local McDs and get one. I think they taste just the same now as before.

You gotta realize that your body changes over time. Everything ticking inside you - hormones, levels of chemicals in your brain - go through big changes at stages in your life and taste buds are definitely affected.

Old 03-05-2019, 04:21 AM

12,918 posts, read 16,848,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80skeys View Post
Yeah about once every six weeks I get a craving for one and I go to the local McDs and get one. I think they taste just the same now as before.

You gotta realize that your body changes over time. Everything ticking inside you - hormones, levels of chemicals in your brain - go through big changes at stages in your life and taste buds are definitely affected.
I think it's partly psychological. At some point I started thinking about the little onions they put on. They are usually sort of dumped in the middle in a pile rather than spread out. I really can't eat them like that, even though they do the exact same on the Big Mac, which tastes as good to me now as it always has.

Old 03-05-2019, 04:33 AM

24,554 posts, read 18,214,965 times
I prefer McChicken and Filet o’ Fish where I can at least pretend that a deep fried square of death is healthy.

Old 03-05-2019, 04:41 AM

34,088 posts, read 82,890,710 times
Quote:
Are there any fans of the classic cheeseburger from McDonald's? I'm talking about the
small burger with just one small patty, cheese, mustard, ketchup, onions and pickle, on a plain bun.
Can anyone else relate?
Cheech can relate. He's a big fan of the Wendy's version.
Occasionally he'll tell me to hit the drive thru on the way home from the dog run.

Old 03-05-2019, 04:52 AM

3,318 posts, read 2,333,754 times
It's rare that I eat at McDonald's, but when I do, I usually get 2 of the small cheeseburgers and a large sweet tea. I think they taste better than a Big Mac or Quarter Pounder and the lower price and fewer calories aren't a bad thing either.

Old 03-05-2019, 05:16 AM

50,313 posts, read 63,868,866 times
I’m usually a McChicken girl, but now I’m craving a cheeseburger. Once in awhile, I get a Big Mac, but it’s never quite as good as I remember.

Old 03-05-2019, 06:46 AM

9,483 posts, read 9,795,881 times
I understand what the OP is saying about that craving. I also remember it well. I think the combination of condiments really make that burger. I rarely eat at McD's anymore. My go to fast food burger is now the Butterburger w/cheese at Culver's. So good.

Old 03-05-2019, 07:12 AM

5,867 posts, read 6,933,888 times
Quote:
Are there any fans of the classic cheeseburger from McDonald's? I'm talking about the small burger with just one small patty, cheese, mustard, ketchup, onions and pickle, on a plain bun.
I prefer a Double-Cheese or even a McDouble.

(Waiting for the posts from the Anit-McD crowd that is horrified anyone eats there)

Old 03-05-2019, 10:05 AM

3,464 posts, read 4,832,549 times
I don't eat at McDonald's very often anymore. They screwed the fries up so bad trying to appease the nutritionist nut jobs who never ate there anyway, they don't taste very good these days. I have said numerous times over the past several years that if McDonald's would offer a "Classic" menu and have fries and everything made the old way with the original oil and seasoning, people would be wrapped around the building trying to get in to eat the stuff that tastes good. It wouldn't be long they would drop all the newer crap off their menu and just be serving the classic style because that would be all they sold anyway.

Old 03-05-2019, 10:30 AM

50,313 posts, read 63,868,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dijkstra View Post
I don't eat at McDonald's very often anymore. They screwed the fries up so bad trying to appease the nutritionist nut jobs who never ate there anyway, they don't taste very good these days. I have said numerous times over the past several years that if McDonald's would offer a "Classic" menu and have fries and everything made the old way with the original oil and seasoning, people would be wrapped around the building trying to get in to eat the stuff that tastes good. It wouldn't be long they would drop all the newer crap off their menu and just be serving the classic style because that would be all they sold anyway.
That would be great.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.