Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2019, 10:38 AM

880 posts, read 534,431 times

Advertisements

People find it shocking that i have never tried a mcdonalds hamburger, and in their next breath tell me im not missing anything.

I remember when they did pizza.....i loved those damn pizzas

Old 03-05-2019, 10:40 AM

44,258 posts, read 64,496,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
I remember the last time I tried it I had to take the top bun off. It was too much bread for the amount of meat. It's like my taste preferences have changed because I used to think it was the perfect ratio.
The bun is super plasticky tasting.

Old 03-05-2019, 10:41 AM

30,716 posts, read 18,367,540 times
I do love those things, but haven't had one in a long time.

Old 03-05-2019, 11:48 AM

3,446 posts, read 2,835,361 times
I have never liked the cheeseburgers, but I do still love hamburger from there occasionally (and a Big Mac even more occasionally, I adore them, but can't afford the calories). When I get the hamburger, I eat it exactly like I did as a kid; I take the top bun off, grab the pickles, use them to spread the onions around, eat the pickles, put a packet of ketchup on it and then put the top bun back on. LOL. That part of me never grew up.

Old 03-05-2019, 12:07 PM

3,156 posts, read 2,278,472 times
I won’t eat their burgers, but do enjoy a fish sandwich once in a while. Ever notice how small those fish squares have become? Or how the workers can never place it in the center of the bun?

Old 03-05-2019, 02:07 PM

3,205 posts, read 2,632,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
I'm glad this forum is anonymous because I'm admitting that I very occasionally eat these things. But there's only one reason: They cost a dollar. That I can grab one through the drive thru is an additional benefit, but it's really about the cost. I can't even buy an egg roll for a dollar anymore.

Here's the trick my DH taught me that helps make these taste slightly better: order them without one or more condiments. That requires them to make it fresh instead of giving you the one that's been sitting under the heat lamp for two hours. For me it's onions only.

Not sure how old your DH is, but McDonald’s hasn’t pre-made finished burgers for at least 30 years. Unfortunately, they DO pre-fry the patties, at least for the regular burgers - double cheeseburgers - McDoubles - Big Macs.

They seriously don’t have finished sandwiches of any kind until they are ordered by the customer.

I haven’t seen a heat lamp used for sandwiches since the 1990’s.

Last edited by rugrats2001; 03-05-2019 at 02:18 PM..

Old 03-05-2019, 03:05 PM

5,849 posts, read 6,214,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron61 View Post
I won’t eat their burgers, but do enjoy a fish sandwich once in a while. Ever notice how small those fish squares have become? Or how the workers can never place it in the center of the bun?
LOL, I thought I was the only one who noticed this.

Old 03-05-2019, 03:30 PM

8,590 posts, read 12,395,540 times
I've never been a fan of the cheeseburgers there, but I do enjoy the regular hamburger once or twice a year when we're on a road trip. I only go when traveling.

I was very disappointed last fall when we were driving home from seeing some family about 4 hours away. Husband and I went inside to order since we wanted to stretch and use the facilities. We got our order, checked the bag to make sure everything was in there, and went on our way. I first pulled husband's food out to set him up and then pulled out my burger. I thought it felt a bit light so opened it up. There was NO burger! I would have been happy with an off center burger. All that was wrapped up was a bun with condiments. I was so mad. I called them about--who forgets to put the burger on a hamburger order? They offered to replace it, but we weren't turning around for a $1 burger and adding another 20 minutes to our trip. I grumpily ate my fries and a couple of bites of husband's Quarter Pounder.

Old 03-05-2019, 03:41 PM

50,439 posts, read 64,242,361 times
Today, I was starving and out and about, so I went and got a cheeseburger and small fries. It was ok because I was starving, but I didn’t finish either of them...I don’t eat a lot. It was just ok. It was about 2:30, so the burger wasn’t exactly hot of the griddle. The best part was it was like $2.61.

Just for the record, I think the pickles taste like poison, and I’d never put mustard on a hamburger.

Old 03-05-2019, 04:30 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,905,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Today, I was starving and out and about, so I went and got a cheeseburger and small fries. It was ok because I was starving, but I didn’t finish either of them...I don’t eat a lot. It was just ok. It was about 2:30, so the burger wasn’t exactly hot of the griddle. The best part was it was like $2.61.

Just for the record, I think the pickles taste like poison, and I’d never put mustard on a hamburger.
That's understandable to not like sour flavors like that. It's a personal preference.

But I can still remember how good they used to taste to me. They were a magical salty, rubbery phenomenon. And I loved the combination of flavors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink