Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2019, 11:40 AM

16,892 posts, read 15,150,623 times

Advertisements

I like "Diaries of a Master Sushi Chef -- Hiroyuki Terada" a lot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2019, 01:07 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,014,538 times
https://www.youtube.com/user/SeriousEats

Some great stuff there.

Old 12-01-2019, 05:43 PM

30,566 posts, read 18,069,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
My favorite YouTube cooking channel right now is sortedFood (cute British boys with cute accents who occasionally demonstrate that they don’t understand how to make a good hamburger). They have two million subscribers and their show is quite well shot and produced.

I also like the Townsends’ historical cooking channel, and the English Heritage channel’s cooking videos with a re-enactments playing Mrs. Crocombe, Victorian cook in a great house.
I happened across that channel the other day and am LOVING it! Currently watching their "Fresh Fish Over An Open Fire" video.

Old 12-02-2019, 07:05 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,446,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
I happened across that channel the other day and am LOVING it! Currently watching their "Fresh Fish Over An Open Fire" video.
I’m not a reenactor myself, I just like watching them on TV.

I like the ones where they make an earthen oven too.

Old 12-02-2019, 09:52 AM

7,785 posts, read 18,780,877 times
I used to love Everyday Cooking (the Martha Stewart one with Sarah) until they discontinued the magazine and went 100% video with a ton of pop-ups and ads. For whatever reason, I really don't care for videos, just give me the recipe, some pictures and maybe a technique discussion if it is something specific.

I've always liked Smitten Kitchen, Serious Eats. I do like Alton Brown shows, although some of his recipes have been complete fails (or non-starters due to ingredients) and the non-cooking segments range from amusing to not amusing.

I do love the Great British Bake Off, or did until this most recent season when it seemed like they lost track of what makes it a great watch and tried to make the judging harsher and pit the bakers against each other and play up the baker's lack of skill. But I am rarely tempted to make anything I see on GBBO or the "Masterclass" episodes.
City-Data Terms of Service: //www.city-data.com/terms.html
City-Data FAQ: //www.city-data.com/forum/faq/

Old 12-02-2019, 11:01 AM

1,255 posts, read 653,675 times
The first cooking show I can remember watching was The Galloping Gourmet, remember him? Then on our local PBS station WTTW, The Frugal Gourmet. That show/chef truly taught me to cook, and I most enjoy cooking shows similar to this where the history of the particular food or dish is explained. It's important for me to know WHY not just HOW. I have enjoyed Lidia, Nick Stellino, America's Test Kitchen, and J. Kenji Lopez-Alt, but now that I am WFPB vegan my focus has changed.
Among my favorites on YouTube are The Buddhist Chef, Whole Food Plant Based Cooking Show, Avantgardevegan, and Conniesrawsomekitchen.

https://youtu.be/pkCdrnzUWvI
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink