Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2019, 09:44 PM

61,704 posts, read 87,101,195 times

Advertisements

Sometimes I wish we would introduce more interesting flavors, not more varieties of nacho cheese
What about "Japanese Wasabi & Ginger" or "Vintage Cheddar & Chutney", "Worcester Sauce", "Scampi and lemon", "Doritos lime", "Spicy tomato", "Paprika", "Bacon"...etc...

The chips flavors in the UK are LIGHTYEARS ahead of our American flavors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2019, 10:13 PM

9,868 posts, read 7,700,279 times
Kettle Potato Chips makes some flavors like those. I think I saw Maple Bacon, Sriracha, and several others that might tickle your fancy.

I like mine unadorned, the better to taste the potatos.

Here ya go...Wasabi Ranch? Pepperoncini?
https://www.kettlebrand.com/our-products/

Last edited by pikabike; 05-24-2019 at 10:23 PM..

Old 05-29-2019, 12:56 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,195,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pikabike View Post
Did they have a factory in Mansfield, too? One of the neighborhood moms (had like 12 kids) got a part-time job there. In not that much time, she gained a noticeable amount of weight.
IDK, pika. I never even heard of Mansfield until the '80s. Ugh, I too, gained a noticable amount of weight during Dad's employment there.

Old 05-29-2019, 07:52 PM

5,458 posts, read 8,178,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pikabike View Post
Kettle Potato Chips makes some flavors like those. I think I saw Maple Bacon, Sriracha, and several others that might tickle your fancy.

I like mine unadorned, the better to taste the potatos.

Here ya go...Wasabi Ranch? Pepperoncini?
https://www.kettlebrand.com/our-products/
Kettle brand chips are the best, and I've eaten many brands. Plain chips are my favorite, too.

When they finally catch me and I am on death row, my last meal will be Kettle Chips Sea Salt.

Old 05-29-2019, 10:18 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,353,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Sometimes I wish we would introduce more interesting flavors, not more varieties of nacho cheese
What about "Japanese Wasabi & Ginger" or "Vintage Cheddar & Chutney", "Worcester Sauce", "Scampi and lemon", "Doritos lime", "Spicy tomato", "Paprika", "Bacon"...etc...

The chips flavors in the UK are LIGHTYEARS ahead of our American flavors.
All those flavors are intense and interesting... at first. Then I get bored of them before I can finish the bag. Give me plain old potato chips that taste like salty potato, and I will demolish them.

Old 02-18-2024, 01:21 PM

19,632 posts, read 12,222,208 times
Just bringing this back because I feel that Lay's potato chips have changed recently and are no longer as thin and tasty as they were. First I noticed it with the lower salt version that I usually get, then I tried a bag of regular and it was the same. The chips just are not as thin as they were and don't seem to taste exactly the same either. They seem more like every other chip out there now. I'm hoping it's maybe just the batches at my store and not a permanent thing.

Old 02-18-2024, 02:55 PM

23,295 posts, read 18,824,628 times
I've pretty much always preferred kettle cooked chips. Thin fragile ones don't survive the extra travel to stores in remote locations nearly as well. I also prefer plain "original" chips very mildly salted. So many brands overdo it. So it seems do others in most of the places I've lived. Typically, the first flavor to sell out is plain. The weirder overblown flavor combos always seem to be the last ones left on the shelf.

Old 02-29-2024, 11:17 AM

27,215 posts, read 43,910,956 times
Route 11 makes some great regular chips and flavored as well. Love the Dill Pickle and Chesapeake Crab flavors! https://www.rt11.com/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink