Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2019, 04:07 PM

4,846 posts, read 3,618,991 times

Advertisements

Fried bologna on white bread, with real Mayo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2019, 04:41 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,003,327 times
I make pimiento cheese:

I use grated yellow cheese
Cream cheese spread
Jarred roasted peppers, chopped and slightly drained
Mayo
Optional: a little coffee cream

I haven't used a recipe for this in decades. Just make it to your taste. I make mine in my mixer.

Old 07-28-2019, 05:01 PM

128,516 posts, read 11,878,377 times
I like canned ham & also spam. But I like them cold. It is my go to if we are going on a camping trip. Or even a weekend away if I don't want to eat all meals out.

Old 07-28-2019, 05:22 PM

1,040 posts, read 866,611 times
KFC, Dump Cakes, Jello Poke Cake, Hostess "Snowballs", Con queso dip made with ro-tell ground beef and Velveeta, Bisuits and Gravy

Old 07-28-2019, 06:54 PM

19,963 posts, read 30,075,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicky3vicky View Post
KFC, Dump Cakes, Jello Poke Cake, Hostess "Snowballs", Con queso dip made with ro-tell ground beef and Velveeta, Bisuits and Gravy
Velveeta good one.... everyone loves to dump on Velveeta

Old 07-28-2019, 07:27 PM

8,039 posts, read 4,719,410 times
I seem to subsist on "trashy" foods, if this thread is any indication.

I thought I was the only one who thought so highly of Cracker Barrel's pecan pancakes. My people! I'd have them more often, if the parking lot of every CB in Florida weren't jam-packed from dawn to midnight every day.

I also prefer grocery-store fried chicken. Publix has excellent fried chicken, if a little on the salty side. As if that's a bad thing.

One I have not seen yet: I love Hamburger Helper-type meal kits. If I get a good deal on hamburger meat, you can bet I'll be having Velveeta's "Beef Stroganoff" in the near future. And no, "sensible portioning" isn't a 'thing' when there's a fresh pot of that stuff in the house.

I can even enjoy canned biscuits! My mom used to make faux doughnuts with them when I was a kid, coating them in sugar--I can't believe we actually ate them. Popping that tube open with the edge of the spoon is a bit of nostalgia I need in my life once in a while.

Old 07-28-2019, 07:40 PM

2,919 posts, read 5,924,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielAvery View Post
I seem to subsist on "trashy" foods, if this thread is any indication.

I thought I was the only one who thought so highly of Cracker Barrel's pecan pancakes. My people! I'd have them more often, if the parking lot of every CB in Florida weren't jam-packed from dawn to midnight every day.
Ok. I have to admit that I haven’t been to Cracker Barrel in over 10 years, and there’s one maybe 3-4 miles from my house (I live in the land of chains .) Y’all have convinced me to go there—and get pecan pancakes!

Old 07-28-2019, 07:49 PM

5,427 posts, read 3,992,134 times
yeah but are they as good as the pecan waffles at Waffle House? Hmmmm?

Old 07-28-2019, 07:51 PM

6,801 posts, read 11,448,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schrodinger's Kittens View Post

Also maybe downmarket but I don't care - Velveeta and fire-roasted Ro-Tel tomato dip for tortilla chips.
How in all that’s holy are you going to make it any other way? In my family if you say “RoTel” it is understood you are talking about the dip in its entirety, not just the tomatoes. As in, “I’ll bring RoTel for the Super Bowl party.”

Kraft Mac and Cheese. Knorr flavored noodles. Rice a Roni.

Never had pecan pancakes from Cracker Barrel but will definitely try them.

Old 07-28-2019, 08:01 PM

5,047 posts, read 2,979,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTsnowbird View Post
yeah but are they as good as the pecan waffles at Waffle House? Hmmmm?
No way, CB's pancakes are pretty darn good, but the pecan waffle at Awful House is perfection! I’ve tried to duplicate their batter recipe for fifty years with no success.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink