Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2019, 08:32 AM

4,168 posts, read 3,360,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielAvery View Post
I seem to subsist on "trashy" foods, if this thread is any indication.

I thought I was the only one who thought so highly of Cracker Barrel's pecan pancakes. My people! I'd have them more often, if the parking lot of every CB in Florida weren't jam-packed from dawn to midnight every day.

I also prefer grocery-store fried chicken. Publix has excellent fried chicken, if a little on the salty side. As if that's a bad thing.

One I have not seen yet: I love Hamburger Helper-type meal kits. If I get a good deal on hamburger meat, you can bet I'll be having Velveeta's "Beef Stroganoff" in the near future. And no, "sensible portioning" isn't a 'thing' when there's a fresh pot of that stuff in the house.

I can even enjoy canned biscuits! My mom used to make faux doughnuts with them when I was a kid, coating them in sugar--I can't believe we actually ate them. Popping that tube open with the edge of the spoon is a bit of nostalgia I need in my life once in a while.

We used to slam the tubes on the counter, though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2019, 09:39 AM

2,020 posts, read 1,107,650 times
Stauffers creamed dried beef on toast or a baked potato.

Turkey Pot Pies - must have the bottom shell.

Jack in the Box tacos.

Old 07-29-2019, 09:42 AM

15,631 posts, read 26,115,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Rather than Tater Tots, I've found I like Crispy Crowns better.
Are those the flat potato rounds? I can’t find those anymore. I used to make a breakfast for dinner dish, fry up those flat tots and some bacon, scramble eggs to put on top and top it all off with cheddar cheese grated.

Old 07-29-2019, 10:17 AM

23,283 posts, read 23,657,690 times
Spam, pan fried with eggs and hash browns. (I love Spam too!)

Top Ramen.

Salsa Verde or Cool Ranch Doritos.

Lays Kettle Chips, Jalapeño flavor.

Jack In The Box tacos. (Others that like these know how greasy and “special” they are! Grin!)

Mc Donald’s Double Cheeseburger

El Monterey Bean & Cheese Burrito and Green Chili & Beef Burrito

Old 07-29-2019, 10:40 AM

48,285 posts, read 34,411,101 times
DH promised that we will make it a priority for me to try Waffle House and Cracker Barrel when we get to CONUS.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 07-29-2019, 11:02 AM

2,020 posts, read 1,107,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
DH promised that we will make it a priority for me to try Waffle House and Cracker Barrel when we get to CONUS.
Cracker Barrel has the best pancakes. They are served with lots of butter and a mini bottle of real maple syrup.

Old 07-29-2019, 11:12 AM

2,033 posts, read 1,668,067 times
I don't feel there is such a thing as "low class/trashy" food. It is ALL food. Some better than others.

I have always liked weird foods anyways.....the cafeteria foods at elementary school back in the 60's were ALL good.

For my personal taste, I love Stouffer's spinach souffle. Not always easy to find it though.

Hamburger helper made an excellent chicken helper back in the 90's....then did away with them.

I love the IHOP pancakes with an omelete. But that's a rare treat now with Diabetes 2 to manage.

Thick & creamy mac & cheese....generic. Beats the Kraft anytime.

Old 07-29-2019, 11:37 AM

15,958 posts, read 20,916,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Waffle House is best experienced in the wee hours of the morning, after a night of partying, or at least a few drinks, lol.

Old 07-29-2019, 11:40 AM

48,285 posts, read 34,411,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
Waffle House is best experienced in the wee hours of the morning, after a night of partying, or at least a few drinks, lol.
I figured. Most of my Denny's meals have been at 4am, still tipsy and tired from dancing. I don't really do that much anymore, so it will have to be done sober.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 07-29-2019, 11:41 AM

922 posts, read 780,498 times
Jack in the Box Tacos
Olive loaf
Funnel cakes
Pizza Rolls
Good 'n Plenty
Nacho Cheese Doritos
Egg Salad Sandwiches
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink