Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2019, 02:20 PM

1,371 posts, read 668,455 times

Advertisements

We drove by a Popeye's on our way home from breakfast Sunday. There was a HUGE handwritten sign at the entrance to the drive-thru that said chicken sandwiches were sold out.

Old 09-11-2019, 11:49 PM

17,740 posts, read 9,192,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medtran49 View Post
We drove by a Popeye's on our way home from breakfast Sunday. There was a HUGE handwritten sign at the entrance to the drive-thru that said chicken sandwiches were sold out.
They are sold out nationwide. You can't get one anywhere.

The Popeyes sandwich shortage, explained.

Old 09-13-2019, 06:47 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,383,279 times
BYOB...omg is that the funniest advertising scheme EVER!
Brilliant! Bring your own BUN!

I don't have a Popeye's close by darn it...I have every other fast food place you could imagine, tho.

(This is good, because I would be there every other week getting a tub of their beans and rice...
I didn't know you can ask for more beans than rice, yippee.)
I prob wrote this earlier in the thread...omg their beans and rice!

Old 09-13-2019, 08:15 AM

35,076 posts, read 31,302,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post

I don't have a Popeye's close by darn it...I have every other fast food place you could imagine, tho.

(This is good, because I would be there every other week getting a tub of their beans and rice...
I read that all they were doing was throwing three tenders on your bun. I'd think the health department would have something to say about this.

Old 09-13-2019, 08:59 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,383,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
I read that all they were doing was throwing three tenders on your bun.
I'd think the health department would have something to say about this.
It did look like that on TV..and they looked fried in thick batter...wow. That would be one hi-calorie sandwich!

Old 09-13-2019, 09:05 AM

1,289 posts, read 938,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post

I ask for it without rice. They don't mind. Except for one of their stores in L.A. -- I think it's on Laurel Canyon -- which only filled the container up part way. They owner said it was because that's the volume of beans there would be if rice were in the container. Didn't go back there again.

Last edited by LiaLia; 09-13-2019 at 09:40 AM..

Old 09-13-2019, 07:31 PM

37,617 posts, read 45,996,704 times
I've not tried Popeye's chicken sandwich yet, but when they are available again, I am going to make a point to try one. I have tried Popeye's chicken a couple of times, it was okay. I have never thought ChickFilA was all that - something about the chicken spices they use that just tastes "off" to me. It's edible, but I rarely ever eat there. I will say that as far as service, they are far and away above the rest. No contest at all.

My favorite chicken sandwich used to be Wendy's (Hardees had a pretty good one too...) it was a spicy chicken sandwich, and it was killer. Now their sandwiches are so small, and dry - nothing like they used to be. Seems like none of them are as good as they used to be.

Old 09-14-2019, 04:04 PM

399 posts, read 270,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
They will never beat Chik-Fil-A on customer service and a clean, friendly restaurant, but competition in the marketplace is a good thing.
People forget this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sS0mT__8Ssc

Old 09-15-2019, 12:10 PM

11,129 posts, read 9,760,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
Then order it without mayo?
Yeah, what's so hard about that? I've been "special ordering" all my fast food for my whole life because I can't stand mayo or mustard. One good side effect of special order is that the sandwich you get is super fresh and hot off the grill, not sitting queued up for the next customer. We sometimes get fresher fries by ordering them without salt, then they make you a fresh batch. You can always add salt when they're served, they're still super hot so it will stick.

Old 09-15-2019, 12:32 PM

11,129 posts, read 9,760,240 times
I really wish we had El Pollo Loco here in TN. They were awesome....marinated, fire grilled, fall off the bone chicken. Yum! Definitely not the same as fried, and so much better for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink