Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2019, 07:03 AM

5,014 posts, read 6,600,699 times

Advertisements

the newspaper in my town did side-by-side of CFA, Popeye's, Wendy's and KFC chicken sandwiches (no Bojangles in this area) and gave the nod to Popeye's. Said the CFA & Popeye's chicken were about equal in flavor, but the bun and the pickles were significantly better on the Popeye's sandwich for the win.

Old 08-24-2019, 07:13 AM

6,790 posts, read 4,233,580 times
Its smothered in mayo from what I saw...thats kinda gross. I like that Cfa doesnt have mayo on it. The Popeyes sandwich is like over 50% more calories as a result.

I do believe there was a very concerted social media campaign on this which generated this hype. Obviously that would affect younger people who watch Youtubers a lot more. But the theory on social media campaigns is that once the hype reaches a certain level it will affect most people, even those who dont consume the initial marketing materials, by triggering conversation (like this thread).

Then of course theres those who love to hate on Cfa for nonfood reasons as well.

Old 08-24-2019, 07:51 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,306,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielAvery View Post
I want to try it as well, but I'll just hold off until the pandemonium tones down. It's kind of amazing how a few well-placed social media postings can manipulate people like the Pied Piper. Popeyes spicy chicken is excellent, so I'm guessing the sandwich won't be that much different.

Bojangles is better than both CFA and Popeyes, in my opinion.
Man, I miss Bojangles. When I lived in NC I went there a lot. Loved their Cajun fllet biscuit and the smoked sausage biscuit. I don't think we even have a Popeyes where I live although there may be one in the next town over.

Old 08-24-2019, 08:01 AM

5,847 posts, read 6,182,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Have no idea where you live or what you watch and read, but there has been no hype around here about the sandwiches. I love Popeye's and may stop and get a sandwich next time we are out shopping. BTW we live in the south as you can see. We love Chick-Fil-A as well.
I think a lot of the hype is coming from the Twitter smack talk going back and forth between Popeye's, Chick-fil-A and even Wendy's. Almost makes you wonder if all 3 are in on it together.

Wendy's had a twitter post saying "Y’all out here fighting about which of these fools has the second best chicken sandwich." I mean, that's pretty funny.

https://thetakeout.com/popeyes-wendy...spa-1837404515

Old 08-24-2019, 08:14 AM

10,225 posts, read 7,579,494 times
I've eaten at a Chik-Fil-A only twice. In a mall. I wasn't impressed. I wouldn't eat there again, except for convenience. It was okay, but a typical fast food experience.

Popeye's, OTOH, is a different kind of place. It's really one of America's fried chicken kings. Not a typical fast food place, since it specializes in fried chicken. It started here in the deep south. Its fried chicken is excellent, although in recent years the pieces of chicken have gotten smaller.

I have 2 Popeye's near me, so maybe I'll stop and try that chicken sandwich. (But I may get weak, when I get there, and get the fried chicken instead. )

Old 08-24-2019, 08:17 AM

5,847 posts, read 6,182,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post

I have 2 Popeye's near me, so maybe I'll stop and try that chicken sandwich. (But I may get weak, when I get there, and get the fried chicken instead. )
And the red beans and rice. You have to get that.

(I think I may go to Popeye's today).

Old 08-24-2019, 08:33 AM

27,157 posts, read 13,444,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Ag 93 View Post
And the red beans and rice. You have to get that.

(I think I may go to Popeye's today).
I think some branches have sold out or have long queus.

Bona-fried success: why are Americans obsessed with Popeyes' new chicken sandwich? - The Guardian

Old 08-24-2019, 08:39 AM

34,229 posts, read 18,569,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veritas Vincit View Post
Its smothered in mayo from what I saw...thats kinda gross. I like that Cfa doesnt have mayo on it. The Popeyes sandwich is like over 50% more calories as a result.
Well more FAT and CALORIES certainly does add to flavor. Unfortunately, it seems that's what people want. Today it seems that sandwiches that contain an average daily consumption of calories are more the norm.

Old 08-24-2019, 09:10 AM

2,095 posts, read 1,557,504 times
if the quality of the sandwich is similar to their normal chicken offerings, doubt it's better.

Old 08-24-2019, 09:14 AM

11,087 posts, read 17,534,641 times
Haven't tried the sandwich yet but we love the chicken (the mild).
But next time you eat at Popeye's, look on the back of the receipt for the survey. If you go online and fill out the survey, around our area anyway, you get a confirmation number to get 2 pieces of chicken (your choice) and a biscuit free with the purchase of a large drink. Not a bad meal for $2.25.
Survey says you can only do one survey every 30 days. But you can do more if you use a computer for one and cell phone for the other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink