Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2019, 12:04 PM

3,255 posts, read 1,720,391 times

Advertisements

In today's big corporate media establishment, I've come to the conclusion soda and sports drinks are way more called out against than even worse things such as energy drinks, liquor, even something out of the league such as vaping.

These 2 consumer products have been kind of like the main pet peeves of the drink industry to test out various consumer trends. Which is why soda was hip and cool around the early 2000s and sports drinks have been hot and popular for at least 10 years now.

If I can give a guess, it might have to do with the notion these products are consumed with a primary status intention(meaning they're treated about as essential as water and other nutrients), rather than keeping them for their intended purposes.

Soda might be under decline in terms of sales, but sports drinks and energy drinks only continue to rise in sales interestingly. Unlike soda, sports and energy drinks do try to put effort into changing their nutritional cause every once in awhile. Is understandable why, but still very fascinating.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2019, 07:30 AM

19,437 posts, read 27,838,210 times
Beats me. I'm too busy worrying about the stigma/discrimination related to persons of color, sexual preferences, mental illness, ageism, gender identity, Misogyny, ethnicity, religious choices, etc etc etc

Old 10-04-2019, 07:40 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,458,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luciano700 View Post
In today's big corporate media establishment, I've come to the conclusion soda and sports drinks are way more called out against than even worse things such as energy drinks, liquor, even something out of the league such as vaping.

These 2 consumer products have been kind of like the main pet peeves of the drink industry to test out various consumer trends. Which is why soda was hip and cool around the early 2000s and sports drinks have been hot and popular for at least 10 years now.

If I can give a guess, it might have to do with the notion these products are consumed with a primary status intention(meaning they're treated about as essential as water and other nutrients), rather than keeping them for their intended purposes.

Soda might be under decline in terms of sales, but sports drinks and energy drinks only continue to rise in sales interestingly. Unlike soda, sports and energy drinks do try to put effort into changing their nutritional cause every once in awhile. Is understandable why, but still very fascinating.
You really think soda and sports drinks are "more called out against" than vaping?

Have you been under a rock lately?

Old 10-04-2019, 07:45 AM

13,011 posts, read 13,047,890 times
Quote:
Definitely true, beyond a shadow of a doubt. Only yesterday I was at a conference and instead of beverages in the buffet line, there was a tray of shots, with Monster chasers, and we all took a hit of the vape bong before sitting down to eat.

Old 10-04-2019, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
You really think soda and sports drinks are "more called out against" than vaping?

Have you been under a rock lately?
I didn't meant recently LOL.

Old 10-04-2019, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
Beats me. I'm too busy worrying about the stigma/discrimination related to persons of color, sexual preferences, mental illness, ageism, gender identity, Misogyny, ethnicity, religious choices, etc etc etc
Lollllll how could you forget misandry?

Old 10-04-2019, 05:44 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,458,432 times
Quote:
Lollllll how could you forget misandry?

So you're really concerned about the predisposition society has on guys who drink a bunch of Pepsi/Gatorade every day and why they aren't attracting the kind of women they'd like to?

Old 10-04-2019, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
So you're really concerned about the predisposition society has on guys who drink a bunch of Pepsi/Gatorade every day and why they aren't attracting the kind of women they'd like to?
I was being, sarcastic?

And decided to poke fun at the identarianist thinking at that post

Old 10-05-2019, 07:57 AM

15,546 posts, read 12,022,110 times
Quote:
I didn't meant recently LOL.
So when are you talking about? Because your title of "still get" suggests currently...

Old 10-05-2019, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
So when are you talking about? Because your title of "still get" suggests currently...
Not too long ago at least before vaping became incredibly hip and hot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink