Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2019, 07:31 PM

2,083 posts, read 1,087,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock140 View Post
My wife and I have been regular Arby’s customers since we first dated in 1973. I always get the Super Roast Beef, she gets the regular with Arby sauce. We have never tried anything else there. Far better than most of the fast food burger joints. Unfortunately the nearest to us now is a half hour away so we only eat there when in the area at a lunch or dinner time.
That’s nice. I love Arby’s and they were quite popular back in the 80’s when I worked there. We have a few around where I live and work but not as many. I like the regular roast beef and the French dip.

Old 11-10-2019, 04:44 AM

50,369 posts, read 63,964,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaTwo View Post
That’s nice. I love Arby’s and they were quite popular back in the 80’s when I worked there. We have a few around where I live and work but not as many. I like the regular roast beef and the French dip.
Try the BLT sometime. It’s really really good.

Old 11-10-2019, 05:52 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by settled00 View Post
At the recommendation of my favorite morning radio talk show, decided to re-try Arby's. Wow, I can see them becoming popular again.

https://www.theodysseyonline.com/6-r...ys-is-the-best

I hope they don't disappear like that root beer place, A & W. That was my hang out back in the day.

anyway, the sandwiches we tried at Arby's were fantastic. I like the basic meat and bread, but there's one where they add a tomato with that fantastic sauce is truly original. Maybe others don't like it. I wonder what others think.

I'm considering buying a franchise and would appreciate feedback if you are so inclined.
Glad you enjoy them: I think they suck. Way back in the 70s when they used real beef and not real filler they were darn good for the money. As for places like A&W yes, a lot of people used to spend hours sitting in their cars and visiting with the car next to theirs, just like they did at drive ins all over back then, but times do change. For some places like Arby's are just what they want, for others, we want real meat, a little more quality, but with that comes a little more money. I personally have never tried their gyros, and I love gyros, so may break down one day in the near future an give them a try.
Oh, as far as buying a franchise, I am sure you have checked out the cost of buying one so no need to go into that with you.

Old 11-10-2019, 06:58 AM

4,087 posts, read 3,243,209 times
I like the Roast Beef Brisket. Better beef and great slow smoked flavor and BBQ sauce.....

Old 11-10-2019, 07:11 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 1 day ago)

27,166 posts, read 13,455,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by settled00 View Post
At the recommendation of my favorite morning radio talk show, decided to re-try Arby's. Wow, I can see them becoming popular again.

https://www.theodysseyonline.com/6-r...ys-is-the-best

I hope they don't disappear like that root beer place, A & W. That was my hang out back in the day.

anyway, the sandwiches we tried at Arby's were fantastic. I like the basic meat and bread, but there's one where they add a tomato with that fantastic sauce is truly original. Maybe others don't like it. I wonder what others think.

I'm considering buying a franchise and would appreciate feedback if you are so inclined.

There was an interesting video on Arby's posted on youtube recently.

There was a lot that I never realised about Arby's, for instance the name which stands for RB does not stand for Roast Beef but stands for the Raffel Brothers that initially set up the company Arby's.

Apparently the chain is enjoying a revival and has had numerous up's and down's over the decades.

I hope this video has sme useful information regardng the chain.

Old 11-10-2019, 11:01 AM

914 posts, read 642,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Glad you enjoy them: I think they suck. Way back in the 70s when they used real beef and not real filler they were darn good for the money. As for places like A&W yes, a lot of people used to spend hours sitting in their cars and visiting with the car next to theirs, just like they did at drive ins all over back then, but times do change. For some places like Arby's are just what they want, for others, we want real meat, a little more quality, but with that comes a little more money. I personally have never tried their gyros, and I love gyros, so may break down one day in the near future an give them a try.
Oh, as far as buying a franchise, I am sure you have checked out the cost of buying one so no need to go into that with you.
I am in the initial stage of considering buying a franchise. I've done research on two other places (not food-related) a few years ago, so I have a good idea. When/If the time comes to decide on a short list, I'll know more then. Thanks for your feedback!

Old 11-10-2019, 11:02 AM

18,491 posts, read 9,159,286 times
Arby’s is great, but it’s a little pricey so I don’t go there too often. The curly fries are fantastic, IMO.

Old 11-10-2019, 11:04 AM

914 posts, read 642,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drkness View Post
As a chain they have potential if only they would get rid of their awful roast-beef sandwiches, Their shakes & gyros are pretty good.
Interesting. The roast beef is the signature sandwich and a nice alternative to a burger.

Old 11-10-2019, 05:25 PM

4,985 posts, read 3,965,100 times
Arby's or RB's:

it is the individual franchise,
and sometime the singular store,
which will make them as good as they can be.

if you find a good one,
make it yours.

Old 11-10-2019, 06:04 PM

15,529 posts, read 10,499,357 times
Their roast beef is disgusting. I ate there about 25 years ago, never again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink