U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2020, 10:01 AM

74,495 posts, read 86,889,091 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk4042C View Post
A quick search shows at least 20+ models with "glass doors".

What brand/model is it? Maybe I can do some "Google Fu" for you.
Thanks I have done a lot of research on the web. It is a Power air fryer oven. Nothing is mentioned about the double pain glass but it isn't a big concern, just looks crappy. I did get it a bit clean the other day by just spraying a little glass cleaner between the two pains, but of course there is no way to really get in and clean it. I am ok with it this way, no need to bother with anymore research.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2020, 10:05 AM

3,305 posts, read 2,206,601 times
About to do some chicken wings!

Old 02-01-2020, 01:26 PM

3,305 posts, read 2,206,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonchalance View Post
About to do some chicken wings!

And to quote myself....they were goooooood. Took less time and lower heat than consensus called for. We kept checking on them. Will definitely do this again.

Old 02-01-2020, 02:16 PM

4,394 posts, read 8,183,048 times
For lunch today I made the usual roasted veggies and this time, chicken breast which I haven't done in about three weeks.

Celery, cauliflower, and zucchini topped with garlic.

I have posted earlier that I have been using coconut flour left over from my bread-making days. Now I use it as part the seasonings for meat. The unique sweet coconut flavor blend well with other ingredients.

Old 02-02-2020, 12:47 AM

1,457 posts, read 264,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Thanks I have done a lot of research on the web. It is a Power air fryer oven. Nothing is mentioned about the double pain glass but it isn't a big concern, just looks crappy. I did get it a bit clean the other day by just spraying a little glass cleaner between the two pains, but of course there is no way to really get in and clean it. I am ok with it this way, no need to bother with anymore research.
Perhaps this may help.

Power Air Fryer Oven Elite Total Cleaning

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99x8itvd0NU

This guy may be able to tell you.
Power AirFryer Oven - Taking it apart and looking at the inside
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mxk4Uf9iqYU

__________________________________________________ ________________________

I made an old favorite yesterday State Fair Classic Corn Dogs.
After I preheated my Air Fryer 350 degrees for 5 minutes, I placed in my 2 boxes (6ct) of corn dogs.
I alternated positions stick - dog - stick so they cook evenly, and scattered the rest diagonally.

I cooked them on 350 degrees for 15 minutes, flipping/rotating halfway.

These are always a easy dinner to whip up.

Last edited by Hawk4042C; 02-02-2020 at 01:14 AM..

Old 02-11-2020, 05:50 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,712,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Well if I could dump it without hurt feelings I would, but I am pretty well stuck. I started using the basket type about 4 or 5 years ago but the one I had really wasn't large enough. When I mentioned this to my friend and told her I was about to get a new one, she told me she did not like hers at all. She happens to be my daughters best friend from college, is like a daughter to me and had gotten hers from her mother in law for Christmas. I did offer to buy it but God love her, she surprised me one day by bringing to me and all I had to pay her was a quick glass of wine. Of course I was thrilled. Well as soon as I used it I realized I wanted the old kind back. but I would never hurt her feelings that way and because she only lives about a mile from us, we see she or her husband, more than we even see our own daughter. That is the story of the "hate my air fryer, but am stuck"
Maybe sell it on ebay, get one that works better for you, and if she asks, just be honest?

Or don't sell it, but store it in the basement.

Old 02-20-2020, 10:19 AM

1,457 posts, read 264,973 times
I recently got an accessories kit for my air fryer. My kit included the following:

egg bites/muffin pan
*cake pan
*pizza pan
Silicone Mat (trivet)
100 pcs air fryer liners
air fryer recipes cookbook
Metal rack
toast rack
Dish grabber (used to grab hot pans)
multi-purpose rack with 4 skewers

* I already got a couple of these with my air fryer. But having extras is always handy.

After I cleaned the racks/pans I had to decide what to cook. The family wanted sausages. So I grabbed a pack of Al Fesco Apple Chicken Sausages from the freezer. I quickly thawed them in the sink under cold water.

I preheated my air fryer 350 degrees for 5 minutes. When the sausages were ready I carefully put them onto the skewers, one each. The skewers are about 1-1 1/2 inches longer than the sausages. After the air fryer was ready I carefully placed the multi-purpose rack inside, then added the skewered sausages. Each had to be placed just right or the skewers would fall off the rack. *Note these are the fat sausages, not the regular link size. Plus they weren't perfectly skewered straight. Once positioned they remained in place, so I carefully inserted my air fryer basket. I set it for 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Halfway through I took them out to flip/rotate. Because of their size/positioning on the skewers this tool more time than usual. But the sausages had nice browning, no grease build up. I put them back in to finish up.

Once done I took them out. When finished they did have some grease on them, *only because they split open. But far less than if they were placed directly in the basket. I've cooked these same brand sausages for over 3+ years. Methods: Air fryer, grill top, Foreman style grill, steamer, frying pan, etc. So I know how well or bad they can cook. These sausages came out great.

Over all the multi-purpose rack with 4 skewers worked well. With a few tweaks it would be perfect.
The rack itself could be 1 - 1 1/2 inches bigger. While the skewers could also be 1 - 1 1/2 inches longer,
a few millimeters thicker would be nice. This way they could have a small notch cutout of the pointed side so it can catch onto the rack. The skewers wont fall off the rack easily when positioning.

The multi-purpose rack with 4 skewers deserve a B+ (A- if add the cook of the sausages.)

What to cook next?

Old 02-20-2020, 02:29 PM

375 posts, read 177,553 times
I don't think I'd go out and buy one since I don't use it often enough. I have one because someone gifted to me. So far, I made pork chops, chicken wings, and reheated steaks or fried foods like wings or egg rolls.

Old 02-20-2020, 04:47 PM

4,394 posts, read 8,183,048 times
I made my 5th whole chicken a few days ago. This week they are on sale for 80 cents a pound, so I bought 8. I am sticking with the most basic ingredients for my air fryer whole chicken: 1 tbsp of paprika, garlic, onion, and salt. I add some butter between the skin and meat. Seasoned overnight. Cooked at 360 degree for 60 minutes. Flipped over at 40 minutes.

Those who think the Costco or Sam's Club $5 pre-cooked chicken is great, it's not once you cook your own in the air fryer.

Old 02-21-2020, 08:10 AM

17,221 posts, read 27,801,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
I made my 5th whole chicken a few days ago. This week they are on sale for 80 cents a pound, so I bought 8. I am sticking with the most basic ingredients for my air fryer whole chicken: 1 tbsp of paprika, garlic, onion, and salt. I add some butter between the skin and meat. Seasoned overnight. Cooked at 360 degree for 60 minutes. Flipped over at 40 minutes.

Those who think the Costco or Sam's Club $5 pre-cooked chicken is great, it's not once you cook your own in the air fryer.
I think that I might try this. Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink