U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2019, 01:29 PM

73,663 posts, read 86,086,603 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blisterpeanuts View Post
I would like to try an air fryer, but my kitchen counters already are overloaded with appliances including toaster oven, instant pot, Foodsaver, kettle, dehydrator, etc.

If an air fryer totally replaces a toaster oven, it sounds worth it. The toaster is the oldest, most primitive, and dirtiest thing in the kitchen!
Well in our case it certainly has replaced our toaster oven.
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2019, 02:56 PM

4,348 posts, read 8,099,030 times
Sauteing chicken breast on a pan calls for medium/high heat and 3-4 minutes on each side. What would be the appropriate settings on an air fryer?

Old 11-23-2019, 04:57 PM

48,272 posts, read 3,570,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
Sauteing chicken breast on a pan calls for medium/high heat and 3-4 minutes on each side. What would be the appropriate settings on an air fryer?
https://airfryersonline.com/airfryer...gtimesdatabase

i would also refer to the guide that came with the unit.

Old 11-23-2019, 05:23 PM

4,348 posts, read 8,099,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evening sun View Post
https://airfryersonline.com/airfryer...gtimesdatabase

i would also refer to the guide that came with the unit.
Thank you.

Old 11-25-2019, 07:05 PM

17,088 posts, read 27,561,167 times
Update #1: The beast was delivered today.

Tangent #1: Yesterday at Costco, I bought a $75-dollar "slab" (I don't know how else to describe it) of clean, boneless beef tenderloin. The butcher told me that it would cut like butter. When I got home, I cut it into "steaks" and he was right -- I could have done it with a butter knife. Froze all of them except one, which I intended to make tonight.

Update #2: Tonight in my air fryer, I made "roasted" potatoes. The little ones from The Little Potato Company, cut in half and seasoned. OMG! Crispy and delicious and fast!

Update #3: I also made a piece of tenderloin. OMG again! It cut like butter when it was raw and it cut like butter when it was cooked. And it was cooked to perfection. And quickly! It was delicious even though, in my excitement, I completely forgot to season it!

Clean-up was a breeze.

I love this thing!

Old 11-25-2019, 11:46 PM

194,702 posts, read 78,208,384 times
There are two things we like most done in our air fryer. Rosemary potatoes and sweet potato fries and sometimes coconut shrimp. Now to tell the whole truth we like doing the same type of air frying in our large convection oven using special Red Copper pans and wire racks. It does larger batches of every thing and browns nicely.

Old 11-26-2019, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
There are two things we like most done in our air fryer. Rosemary potatoes and sweet potato fries and sometimes coconut shrimp. Now to tell the whole truth we like doing the same type of air frying in our large convection oven using special Red Copper pans and wire racks. It does larger batches of every thing and browns nicely.
Your air fryer doesn't brown nicely? I was AMAZED at how beautifully my potatoes browned. They were gorgeous, as all potatoes should be.

Seriously, this thing is incredible. I'm already thrilled with it. I can't wait to make a chicken breast.

Old 11-26-2019, 07:17 AM

73,663 posts, read 86,086,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnMTL View Post

Tangent #1: Yesterday at Costco, I bought a $75-dollar "slab" (I don't know how else to describe it) of clean, boneless beef tenderloin. The butcher told me that it would cut like butter. When I got home, I cut it into "steaks" and he was right -- I could have done it with a butter knife. Froze all of them except one, which I intended to make tonight.

Update #2: Tonight in my air fryer, I made "roasted" potatoes. The little ones from The Little Potato Company, cut in half and seasoned. OMG! Crispy and delicious and fast!

Update #3: I also made a piece of tenderloin. OMG again! It cut like butter when it was raw and it cut like butter when it was cooked. And it was cooked to perfection. And quickly! It was delicious even though, in my excitement, I completely forgot to season it!

Clean-up was a breeze.

I love this thing!
Don't feel bad about seasoning it: what did I do last night? I was tired, I had been thinking about our discussions about air fryers, I put the talapia which was the frozen kind we get at Sam's, put it into the air fryer. It was already defrosted, and pre cooked of course, got the rest of the dinner ready and forgot to heat the fish. I thought the fish got cold pretty quickly. Then I realized why, but don't tell the kids, they may lock me up.

Old 11-26-2019, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Don't feel bad about seasoning it: what did I do last night? I was tired, I had been thinking about our discussions about air fryers, I put the talapia which was the frozen kind we get at Sam's, put it into the air fryer. It was already defrosted, and pre cooked of course, got the rest of the dinner ready and forgot to heat the fish. I thought the fish got cold pretty quickly. Then I realized why, but don't tell the kids, they may lock me up.
BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Totally something that I would do too!!!

Old 11-26-2019, 09:54 AM

7,518 posts, read 13,208,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnMTL View Post

Clean-up was a breeze.

I love this thing!
Dawn, your air fryer looks just like mine. It is one of the few appliances that I will likely leave out on the counter once the wall tiling is done in my kitchen (my schedule was nuts, then my handyman company got totally swamped, so I am still waiting on "final things"!) -- I want to start using it a lot more. I don't mind using my smaller convection wall oven (part of a double oven wall combo) in the winter as I leave the door open after baking/roasting for extra warmth in the kitchen, but in the summer I hate using the wall ovens.

I am so jealous of your steak-and-potatoes dinner -- that sounds incredibly delicious. How long did you cook the beef for? How did you season the potatoes and how long did you cook them for?

And I would love to see PICTURES! (You know me! )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink