Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2019, 03:52 PM

2,116 posts, read 6,778,976 times

Advertisements

I'm on WW and need low point coffee drinks, but I also need flavor in my coffee. I got a small iced mocha with almond milk at Starbucks today, and it wasn't thick, but it tasted thick, if that makes sense. Too rich, and not very smooth. Now I use almond milk at home in my coffee, and it doesn't taste as "thick" as this did. Would it have tasted better with nonfat milk?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2020, 04:28 AM

19,954 posts, read 29,993,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevil View Post
I'm on WW and need low point coffee drinks, but I also need flavor in my coffee. I got a small iced mocha with almond milk at Starbucks today, and it wasn't thick, but it tasted thick, if that makes sense. Too rich, and not very smooth. Now I use almond milk at home in my coffee, and it doesn't taste as "thick" as this did. Would it have tasted better with nonfat milk?
my opinion....you are better off with whipping cream.... better flavor and lower carbs.... cut out sugars, carbs and grains... you will lose weight faster on more of a keto diet … watch "the magic pill" on Netflix … its a game changer .. just my 2 cents ...that's what I did and it worked

Old 01-02-2020, 07:15 PM

530 posts, read 172,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
my opinion....you are better off with whipping cream.... better flavor and lower carbs.... cut out sugars, carbs and grains... you will lose weight faster on more of a keto diet … watch "the magic pill" on Netflix … its a game changer .. just my 2 cents ...that's what I did and it worked
I don't go to Starbucks much because I'm off caffeine but when I do, I order a decaf with a splash of heavy whipping cream. Tastes way better than any fake nut "milk" concoction or non-fat milk that has the consistency and all the appeal of tap water. You don't need much cream to add a lot of flavor. Another bonus is you'll stay satisfied for longer.

Old 01-03-2020, 05:05 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,233,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevil View Post
We use almond milk extensively. We make hot cocoa at night (not the mix) and use almond milk. I also use it when I cook steel cut oats instead of water. The taste is amazing and I think it beats milk by a mile.

You could also look into coconut milk (the cartons, not the cans used in cooking) or an almond-coconut milk blend. They’re all pretty tasty.

Old 01-04-2020, 06:18 AM

606 posts, read 414,915 times
When I go to Starbucks I always get a Chai Latte with coconut milk. I am kinda lactose intolerant. Almond milk is great. It's my source of calcium.

Old 01-04-2020, 07:14 AM

14,108 posts, read 2,759,616 times
Almond milk all the way!

Old 01-04-2020, 09:48 AM

2,116 posts, read 6,778,976 times
Alright thanks for replies. Have decided next time I will try nonfat. Did not know they have heavy cream as an option. I don't go to Starbucks often, but I have 2 gift cards.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink