Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2020, 04:18 PM

16,083 posts, read 6,848,003 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat1116 View Post
Yum to those who had deviled eggs.

Ham slices, sweet potato with a bit of butter and brown sugar, garlic knot, applesauce, a glass of sangria moscato (new bottle and new to me too), and water on the side.

Dessert: small cup of coconut mousse with graham cracker. I saved some for tomorrow.
Like it or hate it the following is only my opinion:

Oh yum....................am I invited ?
Happy Holidays..Thanks for eye candy.
I'm gonna run and make me a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.............

Old 04-12-2020, 04:25 PM

997 posts, read 710,496 times
My Easter menu for one:

Chicken Fried Round Steak with Cream Mushroom Gravy (So tender, Yum)
Roasted Asparagus with Garlic (made in Air Fryer)
Leftover Fried Cabbage
Fluffy White Rice
Toasted Small Ciabatta Roll
Marie Callendar's Lemon Meringue Pie (on sale for $4.99!)

Damn, I am a good cook!

Old 04-12-2020, 04:39 PM

126,277 posts, read 19,048,524 times
We had salmon fillet topped on zucchini and tomatoes with boiled potatoes and parsley.To drink a glass of local Ontario red wine.For dessert poire belle Hélène/vanilla ice cream with poached pear quarters and melted chocolate.

Happy Easter EVERYONE!

Old 04-12-2020, 04:45 PM

10,048 posts, read 18,072,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almrausch View Post
We had salmon fillet topped on zucchini and tomatoes with boiled potatoes and parsley.To drink a glass of local Ontario red wine.For dessert poire belle Hélène/vanilla ice cream with poached pear quarters and melted chocolate.

Happy Easter EVERYONE!
As usual, your dinner sounds amazing, Alm (and that DESSERT -- wow! ). I have salmon defrosting in my refrigerator -- will have that tomorrow.

To all who celebrate Easter (and Passover a few days ago), hope you had/have a wonderful celebration.

As for me, I will have leftover massaman chicken curry and expect it will be as delicious as it was last night!

Old 04-12-2020, 05:07 PM

50,374 posts, read 63,977,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crusinsusan View Post
This is so stupid...but it's been bugging me: in my original post above I said I would roast the potatoes....but in my head I was thinking I'd boil them.

Then GA said she liked roasted canned potatoes...and I credited her with the idea.

And when I realized it, I wondered...is it worth coming back and saying anything? Maybe, maybe not...maybe silly.

I think my mind is going with over 5 weeks in quarantine. Yeesh.
Ha ha, everybody’s mind is.

Old 04-12-2020, 05:19 PM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times
I have been eating a lot of rice and beans and vegetables and fish. I have a small steak in the freezer, and I thought I would have my limited amount of red meat today.

Then my friend called and said that since her daughter was having the family dinner and she could not go because of isolation, the daughter came by and dropped off two grilled lamb steaks. She asked if I wanted one. So, she put one of the lamb steaks back out on the porch, and I came over and got it. Just needed to be heated through. I sauteed some onions and threw in a few leftover cannellini beans, and it was good.

Old 04-12-2020, 06:01 PM

4,693 posts, read 3,473,160 times
For Easter dinner tonight we had rack of lamb rubbed with ras el hanout with a red wine honey reduction. We also had sauteed dandelion greens, garlic mashed potatoes and rolls. We were supposed to have dessert but we are all too full!

Old 04-12-2020, 06:09 PM

3,734 posts, read 5,772,817 times
4-Egg Omelettes with White Cheddar and Puttanesca ....swimming in Cultured Butter

Pecans with Lemon/Leek Greens/Green Peppercorn Savory Whipped Cream

Vanilla & Stevia Seltzer

Old 04-12-2020, 06:15 PM

12,229 posts, read 21,505,594 times
Fried ham and egg sandwiches on hamburger buns. I’m defrosting a real ham for Monday or Tuesday, so a light meal tonight.

The baby had rice, green beans, smoked sausage in hoisin sauce, and a couple of Hershey’s kisses for dessert.

Old 04-12-2020, 06:26 PM

10,048 posts, read 18,072,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magicshark View Post
For Easter dinner tonight we had rack of lamb rubbed with ras el hanout with a red wine honey reduction. We also had sauteed dandelion greens, garlic mashed potatoes and rolls. We were supposed to have dessert but we are all too full!
Magic, that lamb looks FANTASTIC. Did you follow a particular recipe and if so, could you please share it? I have a leg of lamb in the freezer that I might want to make soon ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
Fried ham and egg sandwiches on hamburger buns. I’m defrosting a real ham for Monday or Tuesday, so a light meal tonight.

The baby had rice, green beans, smoked sausage in hoisin sauce, and a couple of Hershey’s kisses for dessert.
When I was a kid WAY older than your baby, I would have refused to eat anything called "hoison sauce"! I continue to be so impressed by your little adventurous eater!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink