U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2016, 11:42 AM

2,895 posts, read 1,853,584 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
Just my life experience, but every gift bought "just for me" has always been something he wanted for himself. It's not just food.
This is quite true in my life as well. It perfectly explains why I got a jigsaw for Christmas one year, a chop saw for Mother's Day one year, a new corded drill as a Birthday present one year, and air compressor and nail gun for one VERY memorable Valentine's Day. And the list goes on - after twenty years together, I've amassed quite the tool collection!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2016, 11:50 AM

3,400 posts, read 4,086,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy2U View Post
This is quite true in my life as well. It perfectly explains why I got a jigsaw for Christmas one year, a chop saw for Mother's Day one year, a new corded drill as a Birthday present one year, and air compressor and nail gun for one VERY memorable Valentine's Day. And the list goes on - after twenty years together, I've amassed quite the tool collection!
Wow. That really sucks. It's bad enough to bring home food you don't want to eat, but to never receive a gift?? I don't think I would have put up with that for very long.

Old 09-14-2016, 11:54 AM

2,895 posts, read 1,853,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs.cool View Post
Wow. That really sucks. It's bad enough to bring home food you don't want to eat, but to never receive a gift?? I don't think I would have put up with that for very long.
At this point, it's become a running joke. He also does give me very good gifts, but he tends to give me those throughout the year for no reason at all, so I'm happy!

Old 09-14-2016, 11:57 AM

3,400 posts, read 4,086,916 times
Quote:
At this point, it's become a running joke. He also does give me very good gifts, but he tends to give me those throughout the year for no reason at all, so I'm happy!
Well THAT'S good!!

Old 09-14-2016, 12:12 PM

12,556 posts, read 9,734,953 times
Quote:
I laughed out loud over this.

oregonwoodsmoke, that's about the size of it.

These guys. Whadya do? Laugh and forgive them.

And thanks for understanding.

Old 09-14-2016, 01:11 PM

7,562 posts, read 3,407,444 times
I have an ex that I swear practiced "Diet Sabotage". When I confronted him with it he acted completely innocent, like "What do you mean I don't want you to lose weight? I was just thinking of you; thats all."

It got to the point that I wondered if he was just insecure & didn't WANT me to look better; it just seemed to frequent to be a coincidence!

Or; maybe I was just being hypersensitive & b****y because I was hungry; who knows?

Old 09-14-2016, 01:12 PM

40,205 posts, read 49,715,661 times
OP, I think you should bring him home surprises from the grocery store too. Things like bag o salad, and low fat cottage cheese.

Old 09-15-2016, 10:08 AM

77,041 posts, read 89,846,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterseat View Post
I laughed out loud over this.

oregonwoodsmoke, that's about the size of it.

These guys. Whadya do? Laugh and forgive them.

And thanks for understanding.
this sounds more like my MIL. One year the day before Christmas we were in the grocery store and she picked up a jar of sweet pickles. She informed me, she hadn't gotten me a Christmas gift yet and knew how much our younger daughter loved sweet pickles, so that was my Christmas gift from her. BtW, everyone else including the grandkids got a $20 bill from her. Guess that confirmed how she felt about me. Of course through the years this has been a family joke. We all got a laugh out of it, but not in front of the old B. Even my husband was a bit shocked when she did this, and even he has agreed she wasn't the nicest or more diplomatic person in the world.

Old 09-19-2016, 12:41 AM

43,751 posts, read 42,876,307 times
Listening to Michael Jackson tell us about how good we had it...... Don't stop till you get enough.... good stuff.

I love that guy...

Old 09-26-2016, 05:49 AM

77,041 posts, read 89,846,962 times
Default My reason for crying

Well it all started mid day yesterday: I was tired from staying up too late watching our football team get beat Sat. Night so it wasn't a day of smiles.

We had planned on grilling steak and veggies, but the weather man suggested I use the Gridller instead. Reluctantly I agreed. We eat early on Sundays as we do not have lunch. About 1pm I decided to marinate the veggies, cut some pineapple to grill and make a salad. It was too early to take the meat out. All went fine until I cut the jalapenos in 1/2. While cutting them, I cut my finger. Oh, it isn't a bad cut, but it bled enough that I am not sure if the marinade had an extra blood flavor or not.

About 3pm I took the meat out, seasoned it and let it sit at room temp for about an hour, had spoiled brat get the griddler out, finished the salad and plugged in the griddler. I did have to grill the veggies in the toaster oven cause the griddler wasn't quite large enough. I started the veggies, did the meat exactly as long as I usually do, removed it from the griddler, and tented it. I placed the meat on a tray on the counter and placed the pineapple and mushrooms in the griddler to grill. All was fine, I took everything out, plated it, poured us a glass of wine, we said grace and started on dinner. OMG the steak was med well, not rare. Oh well, it still tasted good, the peppers were almost too hot even for us, but we ate everything.

Now it is clean up time: so far I have had to cook inside, cut my finger, served over cooked meat and that isn't the end. I picked up the liquid dish soap, it slipped out of my hands and landed, open, on the floor. Boy is my floor clean now, but I didn't realize how dirty my mouth could get when I am tired and upset. Ok, it is cleaned up: now to finish and put the griddler away. I start to remove the grates, the lid falls and lands on my cut finger; DAMN!!! ok, so now I am really upset, I finish cleaning the griddler and ask spoiled brat to put it away for me; he comes to the kitchen, picks it up, off the counter and knocks over a whole glass of red wine: scrub floor and counter again. By now, I just give up, pour a new glass of wine and head back to watch some football. I didn't see our little doggy on my chair and I sat on her but I didn't spill my wine at least and I didn't hurt her.

Oh, did I mention the sun ended up shining brightly about 4pm and we could have grilled plus I had decided to turn the air off for the winter so the house seemed awfully warm: checked it and yep, it was 80 degrees, probably hotter in my kitchen. I wonder if God was just getting even with us for not going to church yesterday?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or