U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2009, 02:38 PM

4,538 posts, read 8,399,781 times

Advertisements

OK The one pickle I really don't like are those tiny little sweet gherkins that I only saw on a dish with carrot and celery sticks and radishes, on a Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner table. Nasty little things, they're so sweet they make you choke.

I like B&B pickles, although I tend to eat too many of them if a jar is handy, and then drink the juice

For burgers, I like dill slices, as well as with a grilled cheese sandwich (on the burger and on the side for the GC).

For special occasions, like a Summer picnic with friends, I like to get a jar of Old South Sweet Pickled Watermelon Rind. They're so sweet yet have a vinegary tang. A very interesting contrast of flavors and texture

Last edited by quiet walker; 09-01-2009 at 02:49 PM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2009, 02:55 PM

11,708 posts, read 18,579,062 times
I love hot pickled carrots with some onions and jalapenos thrown in.

Old 09-01-2009, 03:00 PM

20,544 posts, read 27,442,672 times
Hi all. I love Kosher pickles especially on a cheeseburger. I haven't tried fried pickles. Does that count, lol?

Seriously have any of you ever tried a Plout? It's a cross between a plum and an apricot. It is smooth skinned looks like an apple on the outside and is pinkish on the inside. They are really good.

Old 09-01-2009, 03:26 PM

114,737 posts, read 57,139,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grannysroost View Post
You just can't get enough can you? Kats will hunt you down and find this....shhhhhh....
Shuuushh!!! ................................ ...................................
Quote:
Originally Posted by quiet walker View Post
OK The one pickle I really don't like are those tiny little sweet gherkins that I only saw on a dish with carrot and celery sticks and radishes, on a Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner table. Nasty little things, they're so sweet they make you choke.

I like B&B pickles, although I tend to eat too many of them if a jar is handy, and then drink the juice

For burgers, I like dill slices, as well as with a grilled cheese sandwich (on the burger and on the side for the GC).

For special occasions, like a Summer picnic with friends, I like to get a jar of Old South Sweet Pickled Watermelon Rind. They're so sweet yet have a vinegary tang. A very interesting contrast of flavors and texture
I'm with you on most if not all of that. Most of those little gherkin have little flavor if any. You can get them in little tubs now. Gbaby will pick at em. Pickled watermelon rind?? Hmmh , sounds I dunno??
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
I love hot pickled carrots with some onions and jalapenos thrown in.
Uhh!! Sounds great . Like to pickle some myself. Pickled some red onions a year or two ago. Yummy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
Hi all. I love Kosher pickles especially on a cheeseburger. I haven't tried fried pickles. Does that count, lol?

Seriously have any of you ever tried a Plout? It's a cross between a plum and an apricot. It is smooth skinned looks like an apple on the outside and is pinkish on the inside. They are really good.
Me too on the Koshers. Just tried fried pickles for the first time a week or so ago. Longhorn Cafe had hamburgers and fried pickles which were good, but I think the pickles killed my stomach. Don't think I've ever seen or heard of a plout!

Old 09-01-2009, 03:26 PM

206,647 posts, read 79,952,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post

Oh yes I love the Pluots....and they are in season...And I had fried dill pickle chips at Hooters a few days ago when I took my mom out for hot wings.

Old 09-01-2009, 03:32 PM

114,737 posts, read 57,139,907 times
Wife says she got some plumcots at the store today!! They must be same thing....what a coincidence! They are labeled Plumcots! Look like big red plums with orangey bloches skin like an apple.

Old 09-01-2009, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by satx56 View Post
Wife says she got some plumcots at the store today!! They must be same thing....what a coincidence! They are labeled Plumcots! Look like big red plums with orangey bloches skin like an apple.
They are called dinosaur eggs too. Several varieties of them. All are a cross of some kind between a plum and apricot. Stark Bros. nursery on the web sells the trees.

Old 09-01-2009, 05:12 PM

I hear noise in the kitchen and smell Sweet Baby Ray's so looks like I will eat well tonight.

Old 09-01-2009, 05:20 PM

4,538 posts, read 8,399,781 times
Yow! I just found out Hell's Kitchen is on tonight, and it's getting down to the last few. I have to go make my dinner, a big Italian sub with less than an hour to go. I have a good bread roll, good provolone and Sun of Italy brand hot peppers. It's surprising that these seeming "second banana's" actually have so much influence over the success of this classic cold-cut sandwich.

Old 09-01-2009, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quiet walker View Post
Yow! I just found out Hell's Kitchen is on tonight, and it's getting down to the last few. I have to go make my dinner, a big Italian sub with less than an hour to go. I have a good bread roll, good provolone and Sun of Italy brand hot peppers. It's surprising that these seeming "second banana's" actually have so much influence over the success of this classic cold-cut sandwich.
I love those hot banana peppers on a tomato sandwich...with some sweet onion of course.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or