Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2018, 06:34 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,244,219 times

Advertisements

Many of you might laugh at me. Yesterday I ordered fettucine alfredo, and I could tell by the texture that it was (mmm) special. I asked the waitress about it, and she confirmed for me that it was fresh-made pasta, not dried. It really made all the difference in the world. I'm ashamed (jokingly, have to say that because some people will come in and chastise me for being too hard on myself) because I'm 54 and have never tried fresh pasta before. I'm seriously considering making my own pasta from now on. Well, sometimes at least.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2018, 08:20 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,595,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
Many of you might laugh at me. Yesterday I ordered fettucine alfredo, and I could tell by the texture that it was (mmm) special. I asked the waitress about it, and she confirmed for me that it was fresh-made pasta, not dried. It really made all the difference in the world. I'm ashamed (jokingly, have to say that because some people will come in and chastise me for being too hard on myself) because I'm 54 and have never tried fresh pasta before. I'm seriously considering making my own pasta from now on. Well, sometimes at least.
Fresh pasta is no laughing matter. I want the pasta attachment for our mixer. It seems the sales on fresh frozen pasta is seldom on now. Maybe balls of fresh pizza dough could be turned into linguine?

Old 10-29-2018, 02:57 AM

19,429 posts, read 15,244,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
Fresh pasta is no laughing matter. I want the pasta attachment for our mixer. It seems the sales on fresh frozen pasta is seldom on now. Maybe balls of fresh pizza dough could be turned into linguine?
After the first bite, I could tell. It was actually just like how I imagined it would be. But, seriously, I'm angry at myself for putting it off for so long. What was I thinking??

Old 10-29-2018, 05:43 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
After the first bite, I could tell. It was actually just like how I imagined it would be. But, seriously, I'm angry at myself for putting it off for so long. What was I thinking??
well to all of you who are enjoying your fresh made pasta, there are those of us, that for whatever reason are stuck with the old fashion stuff we get at the store. You might though, have made me want to try some of the "good stuff" from places like Fresh Market. I would guess it is better than what we get for a $1 a package.

Old 10-29-2018, 07:00 AM

259,024 posts, read 90,595,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
well to all of you who are enjoying your fresh made pasta, there are those of us, that for whatever reason are stuck with the old fashion stuff we get at the store. You might though, have made me want to try some of the "good stuff" from places like Fresh Market. I would guess it is better than what we get for a $1 a package.
It is but I stock up when it’s on sale. It can be stored frozen an I don’t notice any degradation. When this mess with the kitchen is finished I will investigate the add on for the kitchen aid for the pasta maker. Then fresh will be enjoyable more often. I can taste the chicken marsella now. I may have miss spelled that but I know what I mean.

Old 10-29-2018, 08:25 AM

50,371 posts, read 63,977,343 times
Tomorrow is the day I get my first shipment from dinnerly.com. I have company, so I won’t be able to try them until Thursday. I’m super excited that I’ll have 3 days a week in which I won’t have to think about what we’re having for dinner.....and I may wind up actually saving money.

Old 10-29-2018, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Once you make it, you will understand. Although it is easy to make, and I have the attachment for the Kitchenaid, it is very labor intensive for something that is so cheap to buy. I was thrilled at the prospect of fresh pasta, but after the first time, the thrill was gone.

Old 10-31-2018, 04:19 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,222,115 times
Quote:
many youtube how to videos..

54?? that use to be old...but im right there with you

Old 11-01-2018, 12:46 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
It is but I stock up when it’s on sale. It can be stored frozen an I don’t notice any degradation. When this mess with the kitchen is finished I will investigate the add on for the kitchen aid for the pasta maker. Then fresh will be enjoyable more often. I can taste the chicken marsella now. I may have miss spelled that but I know what I mean.

btw, how do you like your air fryer? I am trying to decide if I want a larger one or want to get a multi cooker I have been reading about. I just don't know anyone who has the multi cooker.

Old 11-03-2018, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Tomorrow is the day I get my first shipment from dinnerly.com. I have company, so I won’t be able to try them until Thursday. I’m super excited that I’ll have 3 days a week in which I won’t have to think about what we’re having for dinner.....and I may wind up actually saving money.
Here’s an update on dinnerly.com after two meals. The food is high quality...nice fresh produce, grass fed beef, but the portions are small....4 oz of protein. This is fine with me, but it could wear thin with Mr Gentle. Tomorrow I’ll make him a big old rare hunk of beef, so that should soothe the memory of the turkey burger and the Asian lettuce wraps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink