U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 11-03-2018, 10:50 PM
 
Location: Richardson, TX
11,730 posts, read 18,656,763 times
Reputation: 30461

Advertisements

I think small protein portions is what all those meal kits have in common. It would also be fine with me, but not good for my husband, who eats a small lunch and needs a good fill up at dinner time.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-04-2018, 05:00 AM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
77,821 posts, read 90,379,752 times
Reputation: 48725
We have used them a few times. In fact I was thinking of ordering for this week as I have a really busy schedule but I had to have the order in a few days ago and as usual, was a day late and a $ short. Well not really a $1 short I don't think. The quality is good to very good, still pricey unless you have a coupon or something and I still prefer my own cooking. And yes, the helpings are small. I know that should be a positive for all of us, but 4 oz really isn't much meat: we are used to closer 6 oz. Still not as much as we ate years ago, but more than 4 oz unless it is a very rich meat like some fish
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-04-2018, 09:50 AM
 
Location: Coastal Georgia
40,494 posts, read 50,039,543 times
Reputation: 69479
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
We have used them a few times. In fact I was thinking of ordering for this week as I have a really busy schedule but I had to have the order in a few days ago and as usual, was a day late and a $ short. Well not really a $1 short I don't think. The quality is good to very good, still pricey unless you have a coupon or something and I still prefer my own cooking. And yes, the helpings are small. I know that should be a positive for all of us, but 4 oz really isn't much meat: we are used to closer 6 oz. Still not as much as we ate years ago, but more than 4 oz unless it is a very rich meat like some fish
And you know something else I’ve noticed is that I spend 20-30 minutes chopping and sautéing and assembling, when my usual MO is put the meat in the oven, put the spuds on the stove and the bag of frozen vegetables in the microwave, and come back in an hour.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-04-2018, 01:54 PM
 
Location: Seoul
11,584 posts, read 7,254,297 times
Reputation: 4527
Slightly more expensive pasta tastes really well. I tried pasta from the $3-4 section, and it's really good. Has a much better texture. I'm trying different ones now, gnocchi are my favorite
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-05-2018, 11:33 AM
 
Location: Middle Tennessee
208,143 posts, read 80,152,436 times
Reputation: 133889
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
btw, how do you like your air fryer? I am trying to decide if I want a larger one or want to get a multi cooker I have been reading about. I just don't know anyone who has the multi cooker.
Have not used it yet. It's so small that it only cooks for one person. 6 wings max and that is not whole wings. I'll find a use for it. Meantime I'm looking at Copper Chef air frying trays to use in the larger convection oven we have. I will figure it out.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2018, 05:17 AM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
77,821 posts, read 90,379,752 times
Reputation: 48725
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
Have not used it yet. It's so small that it only cooks for one person. 6 wings max and that is not whole wings. I'll find a use for it. Meantime I'm looking at Copper Chef air frying trays to use in the larger convection oven we have. I will figure it out.
Ours is a 3.8 one I think: we can do about 6 or 8 wings but they do not lay flat. As you know I love mine, but on my Christmas list is either a larger one (5.8 quarts) or one of the new multi cook pots that does it all. I have both on the list, the person who has my name will have to decide which to get me.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2018, 08:12 AM
 
Location: Middle Tennessee
208,143 posts, read 80,152,436 times
Reputation: 133889
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Ours is a 3.8 one I think: we can do about 6 or 8 wings but they do not lay flat. As you know I love mine, but on my Christmas list is either a larger one (5.8 quarts) or one of the new multi cook pots that does it all. I have both on the list, the person who has my name will have to decide which to get me.
I’m scanning the web for Black Friday Sales now. The 14th we’lol be in Knoxville with lots of stores begging for sales. I prefer to see what I’m buying. If the convection does a good job this week I am opting for a rotisserie for whole chickens. From one a month to two a week I would rather do them at home as no one local has them to suit me.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-07-2018, 09:01 PM
 
1,719 posts, read 621,286 times
Reputation: 5862
Tarantula tacos.... yes they are really a thing. Not a thing for me, though.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-11-2018, 04:47 PM
 
2,213 posts, read 900,596 times
Reputation: 1642
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
Slightly more expensive pasta tastes really well. I tried pasta from the $3-4 section, and it's really good. Has a much better texture. I'm trying different ones now, gnocchi are my favorite



I would like to know what the "Durham Wheat" of a Barilla pasta is.


(That's pronounced "Bar-eee-ya" for those that don't know.)
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-11-2018, 09:51 PM
 
Location: Mid-Atlantic
28,604 posts, read 27,447,878 times
Reputation: 35958
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creamer1 View Post
I would like to know what the "Durham Wheat" of a Barilla pasta is.

(That's pronounced "Bar-eee-ya" for those that don't know.)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Durum
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:02 PM.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top