Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2009, 02:45 PM

114,838 posts, read 65,463,409 times

Advertisements

QW , I seem to be the only one to miss it here at my house. I know when it's on usually but my head is stuck in CD. The mad man, tyrant is fun to watch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2009, 05:08 PM

4,537 posts, read 9,157,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooksterL1 View Post
Let us know if we need to call you a donkey.
Yes!! It's a lot better than "stewpid cow"

Quote:
Originally Posted by satx56 View Post
QW , I seem to be the only one to miss it here at my house. I know when it's on usually but my head is stuck in CD. The mad man, tyrant is fun to watch.
He is I wish the show came on an hour later at 9:00. At 8:00 it's still light here and I have a lot to do outside, so I have missed it sometimes too.

Old 08-19-2009, 05:24 PM

3,273 posts, read 2,959,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
Mookster- Thanks for the recipes.

I am trying not to "fry" food anymore so everything gets oven fried. Anytime I say Italian oven fried I dip the food(squash, zukes, or chicken) into an egg and milk mix then bread it with Italian seasoned bread crumbs. The food goes on a sprayed(Pam or equivalent) pan and baked.

Anything tastes good with Italian bread crumbs, lol. Now if I could just find whole wheat bread crumbs I could be healthier.
Lisa, why don't you buy a loaf of whole wheat bread and let it get a little hard and grate or grind it in the food processor for bread crumbs? Any leftover, you could probably freeze or keep in the fridge.

Old 08-19-2009, 06:49 PM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,113,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quiet walker View Post
Yes!! It's a lot better than "stewpid cow"

He is I wish the show came on an hour later at 9:00. At 8:00 it's still light here and I have a lot to do outside, so I have missed it sometimes too.
Where are you guys? Can't you DVR or VCR it and just watch it whenever you have the time?

Old 08-19-2009, 08:20 PM

20,549 posts, read 30,275,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawaiiLover View Post
Lisa, why don't you buy a loaf of whole wheat bread and let it get a little hard and grate or grind it in the food processor for bread crumbs? Any leftover, you could probably freeze or keep in the fridge.

Yeah I guess I could hand grate it. Thanks. I don't have many electric appliances because we are off grid. Let me tell you my arms are getting a big workout this summer from grating all my zucchini, lol.

Old 08-19-2009, 11:24 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,114,535 times
YLisa we like those zuke patties fairly well here did you? Also in the past when I am over run with zuke I grate it then cook it until it is soft. Once cooked I put it on parchment lined cookie sheets in 1 cup piles then freeze it. Once it is frozen I will put them all in a ziplock freezer bag. Now I can make zuke pie all winter long taking out 1 "pile" letting it thaw then follow this recipe.

Zucchini Pie

1 cup grated zuke~ that has already been cooked down then frozen see above
1 cup Milnot
3/4 cup sugar
1 lg. Egg
1 t. Vanila
2 T. Melted butter
2 T. (heaping) Flour

Mix all ingredients into a blender then pour into an unbaked pie shell.
Bake 375º for 5 minutes turn down temp to 350º bake for 40 minutes.
Cool before cutting and store in the fridge~~we usually don't have leftovers.

Bet Mike won't even know zuke is in if ya don't tell him. Most people think it is a sugar cream pie type.

Old 08-20-2009, 06:36 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,202,578 times
That is a terrific idea Jaxson. Thanks for sharing it!
Horray, work is picking up again. The last two weeks have been dead. Kinda scary--very few sales. But the last couple of days things are looking up. That's good news for making money but it also means less time here. Oh well, ya gotta do what ya gotta do!

Old 08-20-2009, 08:05 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,190,237 times
Jaxson, what's milnot???

I have a recipe for a mean zuke bread that has pineapple and walnuts in it - it's almost more like cake than a bread. I just found it while resettling the kitchen the other day. If anyone wants it, let me know.

Old 08-20-2009, 08:38 AM

20,549 posts, read 30,275,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
Jaxson, what's milnot???

I have a recipe for a mean zuke bread that has pineapple and walnuts in it - it's almost more like cake than a bread. I just found it while resettling the kitchen the other day. If anyone wants it, let me know.

Thanks for asking that I was wondering the same thing, lol.

I would love the recipe. Please share.

Ok, the zucchini and carrot patties were pretty good. The zucchini brownies were just ok, and the zucchini muffins were a little dry. That's what happens when you try to do all healthy at the same time. I still like the Italian breaded and oven fried zukes the best. I'll be making those for lunch.

Jaxson- I don't know if Mike will eat that. I think he just likes looking at the zuke plant because he is amazed at how big they get.

Cyn- Glad to hear things are picking up.

Old 08-20-2009, 10:00 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,202,578 times
That is so funny Lisa and NMS--I was wondering the very same thing. Jaxson--you have us all curious now! Oops..back to work!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink