Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2017, 04:20 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,825,082 times

Advertisements

Wanted to share a story here with you guys...

I used to love Mars candy.... I loved Milky ways and Plain M&Ms and in the year 2000 they changed thier candy to SKIM MILK instead of reg milk and they do not taste good TO ME at all anymore........

Last week I saw a vender putting Mars candy on the shelves in a local store here and I talked to him about it and he said I should email the company and ask if they would let you order it specially made the way I wanted it..... I said they have always been quite mean to me in the past about it... Even tried lying to me for 1 whole year saying THEY DIDNT CHANGE ANYTHING when my taste buds told me otherwise! (And looking on the package and seeing SKIM MILK instead of "MILK")

The vender told me to try and email them again and be nice and sweet,as nice as I can be and ask them to please consider this and he said if I was nice about it,they may......

I have emailed them 2 times in the last 2 weeks or so.... THEY HAVENT REPLIED BACK!! -- I havent tried for 2 years or so........ This time I was as nice as I could be considering how mad I am over it........

I guess there isnt a "BEING NICE TO PEOPLE GETS MORE RESULTS" anymore and its sad....... When I see (If I see) the vender again,I will tell him!!

Ya know what makes me the maddest guys?? -- THEY PROBABLY GET THIS CANDY MADE WITH REG MILK STILL FOR THEMSELVES CAUSE IT TASTES BETTER AND THEY KNOW IT!!

Im glad we have a general FOOD discussion thread on this base...... I didnt wanna start a new thread just for this...... But I did want to kinda get it off my chest...

Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2017, 10:45 PM

622 posts, read 395,729 times
Tell me about it! I am getting real tired of manufacturers "new and improving" their products as well as downsizing their products. It can really mess up a good recipe.

Old 05-23-2017, 02:06 AM

939 posts, read 787,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miz Ree View Post
Tell me about it! I am getting real tired of manufacturers "new and improving" their products...

You should be tired, as that "new and improved" gimmick has slowly been picking up speed for at least several or so decades now.

N&I usually means its worse, rarely even the same, almost never better!

Old 05-23-2017, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miz Ree
Tell me about it! I am getting real tired of manufacturers "new and improving" their products as well as downsizing their products. It can really mess up a good recipe.
Yes and its sad when they wont even admit it!!! -- For 1 year Mars told me they didnt change anything.. (Thats the cooperate policy I guess) -- Finally when they realised they werent going to lie to me they said "We are reviewing our marketing strategy...... That product is not available at this time"

And now 2 years later when I email them and NICELY ASK them to consider my request,they dont reply.........

In my opinion every companys marketing strategy is terrible......... They think they can walk all over people and its sad....

Old 05-23-2017, 08:00 AM

29,737 posts, read 34,357,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Yes and its sad when they wont even admit it!!! -- For 1 year Mars told me they didnt change anything.. (Thats the cooperate policy I guess) -- Finally when they realised they werent going to lie to me they said "We are reviewing our marketing strategy...... That product is not available at this time"

And now 2 years later when I email them and NICELY ASK them to consider my request,they dont reply.........

In my opinion every companys marketing strategy is terrible......... They think they can walk all over people and its sad....
Do you really think that a multinational corporation is going to specially manufacture candy bars on a small scale because one guy complains that he wants his junk food to be like it was 25 years ago?

Old 05-23-2017, 08:09 AM

Well it would be nice if they did it maybe for like a special thing,maybe 2 weeks (I would be happy with that)

Old 05-23-2017, 08:28 AM

29,737 posts, read 34,357,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Well it would be nice if they did it maybe for like a special thing,maybe 2 weeks (I would be happy with that)
And would you buy enough of this special order at high cost to make it worth them adjusting their sourcing and manufacturing process?

Maybe you should learn how to make your own candy the way you like it.

Last edited by fleetiebelle; 05-23-2017 at 08:43 AM..

Old 05-23-2017, 09:41 AM

2,353 posts, read 3,860,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
And would you buy enough of this special order at high cost to make it worth them adjusting their sourcing and manufacturing process?

Maybe you should learn how to make your own candy the way you like it.
There are lots of small chocolate shops around. You should support them and try some of their candies. It does cost more, but tastes ever so much better.
Cheap is cheap and tastes cheap (Yeecchh!!!)

Old 05-23-2017, 10:19 PM

Yes well it would be nice to find someone else that makes "M&Ms" for sure.....

Planters made a version of "M&Ms" for awhile that were made with reg milk.. They put them in thier NUT AND CHOCOLATE TRAIL MIX but they sadly became cheap and started using M&Ms (Mars)

Old 05-24-2017, 05:25 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
not being a huge candy eater I am satisfied with what we had years ago and don't need new and improved anything. But I also understand, advertising is what sells a product and if it is working for XYZ company more power to them. I am one that gets sick of the Hardy's ads, where food is running out of their mouths or some sexy guy or gal has their mouth filled with a bite or two of sandwich but they never asked me for my opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink