Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2018, 04:59 PM

2,481 posts, read 2,207,704 times

Advertisements

Nomadicus, My corpulent Aunt Mimi, from Beantown ( Boston) Mass, says she hates to disappoint you, butt she couldn't possibly sit on your Akorn for anymore than 3 hours...

she appreciates the 'juicy' appellation you gave her derrière. and is so happy you remembered her.

She sends her love.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2018, 05:01 PM

259,023 posts, read 90,194,474 times
I think I'm going to get the Akorn control that will allow me to sit in the AC and operate it from my recliner... Oh using a smart phone because I'm not that smart.

Old 05-23-2018, 04:03 AM

1,934 posts, read 1,058,766 times
I was hoping to fire up the stick burner this weekend. However the weather isn't going to cooperate. I could do cochinita pibil on the Egg. Pulled pork on the Egg just isn't as good as it is from the stick burner. Lump and chunks just doesn't provide the same smoke flavor as pecan splits, IMO.

Old 05-27-2018, 12:04 PM

49,972 posts, read 63,287,500 times
Today I watched Paula Deen make Italian meatballs. She likes to cook them by simmering in beef broth, then adding to marinara. I’m used to pre frying my meatballs, or cooking the raw meatballs in the sauce, but I might try her method and see if I like them better.

Old 05-27-2018, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogboa View Post
I was hoping to fire up the stick burner this weekend. However the weather isn't going to cooperate. I could do cochinita pibil on the Egg. Pulled pork on the Egg just isn't as good as it is from the stick burner. Lump and chunks just doesn't provide the same smoke flavor as pecan splits, IMO.
I’m looking to add a small mom & pop stick burner. Need to consult with an attorney first to make sure I get to keep it if I get the boot for buying another rig. I’ve got plenty of oak and hickory so....

Old 05-28-2018, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
I’m looking to add a small mom & pop stick burner. Need to consult with an attorney first to make sure I get to keep it if I get the boot for buying another rig. I’ve got plenty of oak and hickory so....
I've got all I need now. I have a Horizon Classic 16, a large BGE and a Weber 22.5 with a rotisserie, rotisserie basket and "kettlepizza" kit. I did some chix wings in the basket yesterday and I'll be doing a tri-tip on the BGE today. I think I'll do a reverse sear on it. We had a new to us sweet potato salad with the wings. The recipe called for par-cooking the potatoes and then smoking them. I rigged up a "smoker" to go on one of my propane crawfish boil/crab steamer burners. It worked out well.

Old 05-28-2018, 08:47 AM

Quote:
I've got all I need now. I have a Horizon Classic 16, a large BGE and a Weber 22.5 with a rotisserie, rotisserie basket and "kettlepizza" kit. I did some chix wings in the basket yesterday and I'll be doing a tri-tip on the BGE today. I think I'll do a reverse sear on it. We had a new to us sweet potato salad with the wings. The recipe called for par-cooking the potatoes and then smoking them. I rigged up a "smoker" to go on one of my propane crawfish boil/crab steamer burners. It worked out well.
I want one of these to keep the Akorn company.
https://langbbqsmokers.com/lang36/lang36_deluxe.html

I just enjoy the end product of cooking like a caveman as well as being a near caveman sometimes. I think the little Lang with the modification to allow it to tag along behind the garden tractor would be just what my doc has ordered for sanity in the long run.

Old 05-28-2018, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
I want one of these to keep the Akorn company.
https://langbbqsmokers.com/lang36/lang36_deluxe.html

I just enjoy the end product of cooking like a caveman as well as being a near caveman sometimes. I think the little Lang with the modification to allow it to tag along behind the garden tractor would be just what my doc has ordered for sanity in the long run.
Gotta love those reverse flow, stick burners. I was seriously considering that Lang, but the Horizon was local at Bass Pro, so no freight charges. I would have made the trip to Georgia to pick up the Lang, but I got the Horizon for $1000.00 total.

Old 05-28-2018, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Gotta love those reverse flow, stick burners. I was seriously considering that Lang, but the Horizon was local at Bass Pro, so no freight charges. I would have made the trip to Georgia to pick up the Lang, but I got the Horizon for $1000.00 total.
I have family business near the Lang factory so might as well as kill two birds with one stone. Freight won’t be a big issue and it will ride on the trailer moving more belongings from Florida back to Tennessee. I like the easy cleanup of the stick burner using the garden hose. Always did enjoy a good water hose fight as a kid.

Old 05-28-2018, 12:42 PM

Evidently the steer that provided today’s steak had a habit of afternoon napping after leaving the feed bunks and passed it on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink