Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2018, 05:25 PM

50,362 posts, read 63,948,892 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicshark View Post
I don't know if anyone watches Man Vs. Food. I know I only do if I'm flipping through channels. Anywho tonight's 9:30 show is in my home city. Two of the three restaurants are family favorites.
The Boynton is our go to when dining out with our kids.
Miss Worcester though is my favorite diner-restaurant-place to eat in the whole wide world. We try to go for breakfast there at least once a month. If you ever find yourself in Worcester it is a must!
The third place, Broth, I have never been to. I'm not even sure they are still open. One of the owners was charged with laundering drug money recently. I know the city pulled their liquor liscense.
So if you happen to watch this episode think of me and my pride in Worcester's many culinary delights!
I would love to see that. Your post got me to thinking, what happened to Theo’s on Highland St? Back in the 60s, my first date with my first husband was there.

I did some searching, and Theo was shot in a robbery in 1980, but recovered. He retired to his sailboat in Greece and was lost at sea. Poor Theo. Anyway, it looks like #151 is a Subway now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2018, 11:35 AM

50,362 posts, read 63,948,892 times
For some reason, I decided to spend a bit extra on Publix organic milk. I think it was because it had a longer expiration date than the regular. I see it is ultra pasteurized, so maybe that makes it last longer.

I’m going to keep buying it because we actually used it up before it spoiled.

Old 06-27-2018, 08:25 AM

259,024 posts, read 90,579,111 times
A new Publix will soon open near us in Tennessee and I’m antsy. Missing several store brands they have that has no national brand equal.

Old 06-28-2018, 06:27 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
I can live without Publix but please bring Trader Joe's to NWA. That is what would make living here complete.

Old 06-28-2018, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I can live without Publix but please bring Trader Joe's to NWA. That is what would make living here complete.
I don't think we have a population density to support a Trader Joe's. At least now when we go the 50 miles to docs near Knoxville there is a Costco to pick up some stuff from. Not sure if there is a Trader Joe's near there or not.

Old 06-29-2018, 05:56 AM

496 posts, read 411,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
I don't think we have a population density to support a Trader Joe's. At least now when we go the 50 miles to docs near Knoxville there is a Costco to pick up some stuff from. Not sure if there is a Trader Joe's near there or not.
Knoxville does have a Trader Joe's.

Trader Joe's

8001 Kingston Pike, Knoxville, TN 37919

Old 06-29-2018, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingercoyote View Post
Knoxville does have a Trader Joe's.

Trader Joe's

8001 Kingston Pike, Knoxville, TN 37919
Thank you. I'll check it out next time over that way.

Found it on Google. Only a hop skip and a jump from where I already go to shop. Other places I like in the same area too. Several nice places for lunch on the same street. Very close to the Costco we use and my orthopedic doc. Now to plan a day trip and browse. Never been in a Trader Joe's before.

Last edited by Nomadicus; 06-29-2018 at 09:28 AM.. Reason: Additional input

Old 06-29-2018, 09:31 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,500,274 times
Quote:
Thank you. I'll check it out next time over that way.

Found it on Google. Only a hop skip and a jump from where I already go to shop. Other places I like in the same area too. Several nice places for lunch on the same street. Very close to the Costco we use and my orthopedic doc. Now to plan a day trip and browse. Never been in a Trader Joe's before.
They have the best quality and best priced dried fruit anywhere. Good prices on reasonable (not Costco sized) bags of nuts too. Those are my main TJ’s items, though I’ll usually pick up something frozen and perhaps a cheese and a bit of fresh produce. Cheap wine too. Their general grocery prices years ago were much cheaper compared to other stores before the mass expansion.

Old 06-29-2018, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
They have the best quality and best priced dried fruit anywhere. Good prices on reasonable (not Costco sized) bags of nuts too. Those are my main TJ’s items, though I’ll usually pick up something frozen and perhaps a cheese and a bit of fresh produce. Cheap wine too. Their general grocery prices years ago were much cheaper compared to other stores before the mass expansion.
I'll compare nut prices. As I can't go but once a month to every 6 weeks I do want a large canister or two of mixed nuts. Fresh produce will certainly be welcome for the first few days anyway. We can do Publix, Costco, and Trader Joe's in a trip. Is Trader Joe's another membership store?

Old 06-29-2018, 03:03 PM

2,353 posts, read 3,861,784 times
Quote:
I'll compare nut prices. As I can't go but once a month to every 6 weeks I do want a large canister or two of mixed nuts. Fresh produce will certainly be welcome for the first few days anyway. We can do Publix, Costco, and Trader Joe's in a trip. Is Trader Joe's another membership store?
No, it is not. However, they have a LOT of their own private label brands. They are great foods though.

Have one close and I always keep their frozen orange chicken in the freezer. (My picky eating daughter won't eat Chinese, but she loves this) Their frozen jasmine rice is also great to keep on hand. My picky daughter also loves their yogurt. I get their cheddar/horseradish spread, Mexican blend grated cheese, pork rib bites, maple syrup, and many of their ready made entrees.

Get on the Trader Joe mailing list and find out what they have new and/or seasonal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink