Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2023, 05:39 PM

4,384 posts, read 4,381,108 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellacatahoula View Post
My wife recently (3 wks. ago) tested positive. First time for us, her symptoms were very mild, mostly was. tired a lot. She lost most of her sense of taste and smell but has recovered and is back to requesting her favorite dishes.
Wish you well JK hope you get your senses back. That sounds funny!
Made me chuckle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2023, 09:05 AM

20,726 posts, read 16,355,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
Wondering why you didn't post/add on to the numerous threads in Health.
Look at his screenname - maybe because the F&D forum is where he posts a lot and is a familiar face...and that the concern is not so much for the mild health symptoms as for the potentially devastating loss of taste and smell? Seems obvious to me!

Old 01-22-2023, 12:31 PM

2,859 posts, read 1,802,529 times
Jkgourmet, wherever you post, prayers for your speedy recovery.

Duh, for me ? Bruce had surgery, result no taste nor smell. Didn't question him, this was 35 years ago, maybe I did at one time. He relished, savored every bite, his last Christmas on earth he asked for prime rib. Clean up after our meals he did too !

Texture, maybe because of his loss is what I notice when eating, the temperature of food or beverage.

Old 01-22-2023, 12:42 PM

17,349 posts, read 16,485,995 times
I never really experienced any loss of taste and smell with Covid, certainly nothing beyond what you would typically experience with any cold. But I know some people do and it can take a while for things to return to normal.

Best wishes for a speedy and full recovery.

Old 01-22-2023, 12:48 PM

42,839 posts, read 26,242,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
Tested positive for covid last Monday. VERY minor symptoms - I've had worse head colds. EXCEPT for one, and for foodie and wino, it's tragic.

My sense of taste and smell are very diminished. Sweet is non-existent. Sour maybe 50%. Salty maybe 30%. Bitter maybe 50%. Sense of smell is maybe 20%. It is severely depressing.

There's only two good things about it:

1. I'll be saving money on wine. I can't taste it so I'll switch to vodka, which has no taste to begin with.

2. I don't care to eat, or even cook. Since I can't taste it, I'm not really interested. So I'll lose weight. (and no wine will only help take off the pounds.)

Please send good karma and positive vibes that this heartbreaking malady disappears quickly.
It will return, I had the same thing last year and I have a very sensitive sense of taste and smell so needless to say it was tough to deal with. I don't remember how long it took to come back - I think it was 2 or 3 months but it's returned as good as it was pre-covid. During the time when it was gone I had no desire to eat, and there were some foods I just couldn't eat just because I couldn't stand how they felt in my mouth when I couldn't smell or taste.

Old 01-22-2023, 01:06 PM

12,038 posts, read 8,403,014 times
Bummer, Jk. Speedy healing.

Sending a wine/vodka caloric equivalent article if you want to fine hone the issue.

https://blog.saucey.com/calories-in-...s-to-consider/

Old 01-22-2023, 01:16 PM

6,988 posts, read 4,809,652 times
Ugh. I’m so glad I did not get that symptom when I had it. Hope you get better soon, JK!

Old 01-22-2023, 01:41 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,807,002 times
THAT is one of my biggest fears. Get well soon!!!
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 01-22-2023, 01:59 PM

13,060 posts, read 7,493,946 times
Newbies to Covid. First symptoms, 14 days ago. Wife's symptoms 2-3 days after me.
I don't think I lost taste/smell. Just didn't eat much for 4 days and lost 5 # and regained it this past week.
Wife fainted on day 7. Coughing was bad, diaphram extremely sore, and pulled lower back muscles that acetaminophens didn't touch. Mild fever.
Still kinda off. Nearly fainted yesterday day 13. Slept 12hours last night. Still testing positive on home testing.
73/76.
We tried to be careful. This variant is highly contagious.
Get well.

Old 01-22-2023, 02:42 PM

13,060 posts, read 7,493,946 times
Fainting episodes. Aware of oxygen levels.
Wife was trying to take clean the shower after taking a shower. The high humidity, exertion, general covid weakness, and her normally low blood pressure, probably contributed to her fainting. She violated an agreement that neither of us is to take a shower without the other's presence. I was out for a short walk from being cooped up too much.
I nearly fainted because I have uneven blood pressures, high BP (140-180/70) and hormonal irregularities on top of recovering from covid. I was at home, and wife also at home.
73/76.

Be careful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink