Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2013, 02:23 PM

10,420 posts, read 14,602,965 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
I have completely changed my attitude about food/eating(very little processed food at all) over the last two years or so. Telling someone they have to change their attitude step by step is a pretty big nut to crack for them. Now days i say i changed my attitude about eating by one recipe at a time.
Tell me what's wrong with processed foods. Why not start out with products containing large amounts of cooked tomato from catsup to tomato juice? Then perhaps you can tell me why I shouldn't eat sardines or sprats or cod liver from a can.

If you wish to pontificate let's see some actual proof, for example, medical studies conducted by actual medical institutions, not the clerk at the health food store.

Luddite is a well-known term in the history and practice of machine technology. We now seem to be getting an identical group in food technology with just as much knowledge to back up their foolish claims. The nutritional Luddite does not know more than those of us who base our diets on what tastes good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2013, 02:37 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,239,617 times
Think what you want. My Blood pressure is great, weight is down from 219 to 180. I can walk farther without tiring. I feel better. I eat anything i want now days because i have learned about foods and that processed stuff stinks and tastes terrible. I don't go to health food stores and don't know any healthfood store clerks either. Go a head and be a hard head it won't affect me at all.

Old 02-19-2013, 03:11 PM

5,346 posts, read 9,856,485 times
Quote:
I have completely changed my attitude about food/eating(very little processed food at all) over the last two years or so. Telling someone they have to change their attitude step by step is a pretty big nut to crack for them. Now days i say i changed my attitude about eating by one recipe at a time.

Good for you! I am seeing evidence of attitude changes toward healthier diets in the grocery store aisles. They are stocking more natural and healthy food, and providing demonstrations on healthy cooking and recipes.

Whole Foods stores offer classes and events such as Healthy Store Tour, Vegan Store Tour, and Healthy Foods on a Budget.

In general the trend seems to be moving toward healthier diets and lifestyles.

Old 02-19-2013, 04:22 PM

5,652 posts, read 6,987,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cordula View Post
HAHA, all you really need are a couple gourmet food sites. Chowhound, Yelp, Yahoo... Ooh boy...
None of which are "gourmet" food sites, although Chowhound once was or tried to be.

Old 02-19-2013, 04:39 PM

170 posts, read 323,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sskink View Post
None of which are "gourmet" food sites, although Chowhound once was or tried to be.
My relatives call them "gourmet" food sites. People on there dislike chains and fast food. In a more accurate sense, they aren't REALLY "gourmet" like Le Cordon Bleu (though some restauranteers who grad there also have listings).

Old 02-19-2013, 04:57 PM

41,957 posts, read 75,192,887 times
Quote:
Telling someone they have to change their attitude step by step is a pretty big nut to crack for them.
That's why you don't tell someone they have to change their attitude unless they ask.

Old 02-19-2013, 05:40 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,833,234 times
I change attitude like peope change clothes. Food is food. There might be one among us who can change, but to me, if it's edible, and won't mske me barf up the nutricion value. I don't give a damn. I will eat it.

Old 02-19-2013, 07:49 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,874,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
Tell me what's wrong with processed foods...
Not all "processed" foods are bad - mainly those containing bad ingredients. In fact, some of the best seafood I have eaten has come from a can - just do a web search for Spanish canned seafood. The term "processed food" can also be taken out of context - isn't organic apple sauce "processed," after all? Anyway, this Luddite stays away from those foods containing high sodium, high fat, MSG, trans fats, BHA, BHT, sulfites, artificial colors derived from coal tars and artificial sweeteners - just to name a few.

Old 02-19-2013, 07:55 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,783,686 times
I eat lots of healthy foods, lots of the time. But sometimes, you just gotta have a bacon pizza. I don't justify it, or apologize for it. I just eat it. My consumption of bacon pizza is often accompanied by the sound "uh huh, mmm mm mmm" while I chew.

Old 02-19-2013, 08:14 PM

917 posts, read 2,005,198 times
Im changing how I eat also. My energy is better and my stomach is getting a little flatter. Processed/junk foods make me feel heavy. I feel more energized when I eat right. Now if I could start exercising...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink