U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2020, 05:42 PM

34,034 posts, read 21,603,117 times

Advertisements

I like matcha, mango and lychee.

I LOVE Japanese desserts (not the American versions). Almost all American desserts are way, way too sweet.

My husband had TJs Hot Cocoa "pop tarts" and I thought "what the heck" and tried a bite, and literally spit it out in the garbage. I mean who doesn't love Trader Joe's and who doesn't love hot cocoa?!

For the most part, I have to make my own sweets.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2020, 05:51 PM

14,718 posts, read 7,347,453 times
I like some mochi flavors, namely vanilla and chocolate. But the thing has to have melted down somewhat as I don't like it too firm. I definitely don't like some of the more "exotic" flavors. Its not my favorite treat, though.

Old 02-04-2020, 07:32 PM

1,323 posts, read 353,839 times
Green tea from Trader Joe’s
Honestly not too crazy about it

Old 02-04-2020, 09:51 PM

11,917 posts, read 9,060,733 times
Not all mochi ice cream is created equal.

I love mochi. I could hurt myself eating it. I have 2 boxes of rice flour in the cabinet to make some.

I've had really good mochi ice cream and really bad mochi ice cream.

Favorite flavors: mango, green tea, chocolate

Old Yesterday, 02:42 AM

1,231 posts, read 1,602,691 times
Don't really like it, though I can eat the strawberry ones if it's in front of me. I live in Honolulu where it's pretty popular. I assume it's also popular in other areas with large Asian populations and they are mostly the ones I see eating it. Mochi is basically rice boiled into a paste so what you're eating is a pasty rice and ice cream. Do you think you would ever eat rice and ice cream together? My family likes it but I've never cared for it much, though it's not terrible.

Old Yesterday, 03:04 AM

7,211 posts, read 3,426,974 times
yup! Looveeeeeeeeee it! Smooth, small portioned and tantalizing

Old Yesterday, 05:03 AM

1,082 posts, read 1,584,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
Ita.....I don't understand the fad. I thought maybe I just tried a bad flavor because they are so popular & maybe I was missing something..........

Tried it a couple of times....don't get what's so great about it...but to each their own.

Same goes for "bubble" tea.

Heck, I tried in vain to find plain old Chocolate Chip ice cream at the grocery store! Guess that's gone the way of the dinosaurs....

Old Yesterday, 07:22 AM

11,167 posts, read 5,909,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cougfan View Post
Tried it a couple of times....don't get what's so great about it...but to each their own.

Same goes for "bubble" tea.

Heck, I tried in vain to find plain old Chocolate Chip ice cream at the grocery store! Guess that's gone the way of the dinosaurs....
Wow. You must have a terrible grocery store. This is pretty much a basic offering of every grocery store I've ever seen.

Old Yesterday, 07:39 AM

34,034 posts, read 21,603,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cougfan View Post

They had chocolate chip ice cream. They HAD to. Unless that is a very small or very specialized grocery store. I think everyone from 7-11 to Whole Foods has chocolate chip.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs

Old Yesterday, 09:49 AM

2,801 posts, read 652,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
They had chocolate chip ice cream. They HAD to. Unless that is a very small or very specialized grocery store. I think everyone from 7-11 to Whole Foods has chocolate chip.

And they have chocolate chip ice cream in the mochi balls everywhere too..............
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or