U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2020, 11:46 PM

2,754 posts, read 642,356 times

Advertisements

So....I finally tried this stuff.....A N D....I gotta say, I was kinda disappointed. They say they are marketed for the millenial......& they are so popular......but count me as a millenial that probably won't be buying them again. The stuff on the outside is super weird......it tricks you into thinking it is powdered sugar.... A N D.....the mochi coating is kinda blah............

What flavor is your favorite.....if you like them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 10:48 AM

1,547 posts, read 616,028 times
IMO just another food fad. For that matter most of the ice creams loaded with odd, waxy bits of faux chocolate and fake caramel are not worth it either.

Old Yesterday, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimAZ View Post
IMO just another food fad. For that matter most of the ice creams loaded with odd, waxy bits of faux chocolate and fake caramel are not worth it either.

Ita.....I don't understand the fad. I thought maybe I just tried a bad flavor because they are so popular & maybe I was missing something..........

Old Yesterday, 11:16 AM

3,716 posts, read 1,880,547 times
In moderation. A couple of bites and I'm done.

Old Yesterday, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorges View Post
In moderation. A couple of bites and I'm done.

the whole thing is only a couple of bites......

Old Yesterday, 11:24 AM

3,716 posts, read 1,880,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
the whole thing is only a couple of bites......
Meaning only one at a time, instead of the multiples I've eaten in the past.

Old Yesterday, 11:24 AM

3,792 posts, read 1,648,963 times
I love it. My favorite flavor is from Trader Joe's: Thai Iced Tea. Second favorite is mango. I like mochi without ice cream, too.

Old Yesterday, 11:38 AM

11,140 posts, read 5,896,265 times
I love mochi, and have been eating it for decades. So not a fad for me. I just can't eat it anymore because they're too high in carbs.

Old Yesterday, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
I love mochi, and have been eating it for decades. So not a fad for me. I just can't eat it anymore because they're too high in carbs.

I know mochi has been around....but mochi ice cream novelty items are new in stores for like a year or two. What's disgusting to me is the stuff they put on the outside of the mochi ice cream ball....that is supposed to keep your fingers from sticking to it & getting the ice cream in your mouth..........

Old Yesterday, 11:46 AM

15,087 posts, read 8,372,461 times
I had to Google what mochi ice cream was. I've never heard of it. I thought maybe it was a regional thing but I found stores close by that have it. Will I try it? Sure, but I won't go out of my way to buy it, and I won't be telling my husband about it. He has this ice cream monkey on his back and wants to feed his addiction every day. He also wants to drag me down with him.

We have this great Mom and Pop place that sells home made ice cream right around the corner. They close for a couple of months in the winter. He looks to see if it's open every time we pass it with this ravenous look in his eye. I better not bring that mochi home. It could be a disaster.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or