U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2020, 09:56 PM

1,013 posts, read 484,606 times

Advertisements

No big plans. Our sixteen year old is working the FFA dinner and dance, so we'll be picking her up from that at some unknown time. We'll have our thirteen years old at home with us. The restaurants will be packed so I doubt we'll go out and it's not super romantic when you bring your kid with you.

Our plan is to go out on Monday because Hubby has the day off from work, but the kids will still have school.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2020, 02:38 PM

1,825 posts, read 1,599,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almrausch View Post
My youngest son was born on Valentines Day and I always bake him a heart shaped cake of his choice.I know we will get together for a traditional birthday Kaffeeklatsch on the weekend.
I am thinking to make Malai Kofta curry with basmati rice and cashew nuts.For dessert carrot pudding/Gajar ka halwa and a cup of Darjeeling tea.Later by the fireplace Glühwein.

https://www.vegrecipesofindia.com/malai-kofta/

https://www.vegrecipesofindia.com/ga...ajar-ka-halwa/

We usually make Glühwein for the Christmas holidays, but Valentine's Day is a great idea!

Old 02-12-2020, 02:52 PM

1,825 posts, read 1,599,913 times
We usually do not go out for Valentine's Day. For one, our anniversary is the week before and also this is a hated night in the restaurant industry and not the best time for a great experience - not the restaurant's fault, but just due to the mass volume of guests.

However, it's Friday and usually we do go out, so we may take our youngest somewhere very casual. No clue at the moment where that will be. We have a favorite pizza place, but I think our daughter and her boyfriend are going there. Apparently, they're going with the causal plan too

Old 02-12-2020, 03:02 PM

60,412 posts, read 57,751,851 times
No specific dinner plans, but we do intend to go to town early on the 15th and score some half-price chocolate.

Old Yesterday, 05:45 PM

8,269 posts, read 4,503,548 times
We’re gonna hitch up the mule and go into town for dinner and a murder mystery. Can’t remember the last time I got all dolled up or wore any make up for that matter. I am looking forward to dressing up.... before I get temporarily too fat for my LBD. Lol

Old Today, 01:01 PM

8,909 posts, read 11,685,816 times
Going out to the Ichiban (in Eureka), our favorite Japanese place.

Old Today, 03:57 PM

12,019 posts, read 6,544,234 times
We had an early treat of shrimp cocktails.

A few hours later, leftover pot roast. I'm drinking Bigelow's Green Tea (2 hot cups).

Dessert: pistachio ice cream (great for sore throats)

Last edited by cat1116; Today at 04:25 PM..

Old Today, 04:06 PM

1,497 posts, read 562,795 times
Actually I think it was a real non-event here this year. I think our Black Summer of bushfires and now floods has completely diverted the attention away from VD as we are still all cleaning up from the flooding rain last weekend. Other than a few flowers around, there has hardly been a mention of it. Trouble is, it is the worst weather for buying flowers. Apparently a lot are imported and between that and the dreadful humidity in February, they last about one day.

We actually had left over pork and gnocchi for dinner last night and settled in to watch two episodes of The Crown on Netflix. At least that was something to do together as I rarely watch television.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or