U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 12:34 PM

4,702 posts, read 5,071,593 times

Advertisements

The basic comfort foods listed above, however they are usually second to Real Clam Chowder
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 12:43 PM

17,189 posts, read 27,722,687 times
Anything and everything.

What's the saying? Is it "starve a cold, feed a fever?" or is it "feed a cold, starve a fever?" It doesn't matter -- never in the history of ever (whether sick or well) have I lost my appetite. I'm always ready for another meal.

Old Yesterday, 12:47 PM

14,554 posts, read 9,682,045 times
When you're sick. Nothing tastes good as your taste buds takes a hit. The best thing to serve atleast my mom gave me was bone stock. I could barely taste the flavor so just drink it down and the nutrients in there will help you.

Old Yesterday, 01:53 PM

13,376 posts, read 15,938,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnMTL View Post
Anything and everything.

What's the saying? Is it "starve a cold, feed a fever?" or is it "feed a cold, starve a fever?" It doesn't matter -- never in the history of ever (whether sick or well) have I lost my appetite. I'm always ready for another meal.
That's how my husband is - always has an appetite - and I'm always suspicious whether he is REALLY sick because when I am REALLY sick I don't eat. I guess maybe if that happens to you, too, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Old Yesterday, 01:54 PM

8,886 posts, read 11,671,859 times
Campbell's Chicken Noodle Soup. None other!

Old Yesterday, 02:00 PM

7,656 posts, read 4,762,266 times
For colds, hot broth, preferably a bit spicy (add some sriracha to chicken or vegetable broth), and lots of hot tea with ginger, lemon juice and honey. I try to drink, drink as much clear hot liquid as possible. Starchy foods like bread or potatoes and dairy products don't taste good to me when I have a cold.

I haven't had a stomach bug for a long time, but 7-up, ginger ale, or Gatorade is what I want for that.

Old Yesterday, 02:01 PM

17,189 posts, read 27,722,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
That's how my husband is - always has an appetite - and I'm always suspicious whether he is REALLY sick because when I am REALLY sick I don't eat. I guess maybe if that happens to you, too, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.
Haha! Love it!

Old Yesterday, 02:44 PM

1,736 posts, read 1,165,632 times
Hot tea, different soups. My friend stops in Chinatown and picks up hot & sour soup and wonton soup for me. Sometimes she makes chicken stock and brings over a few quarts. I have a quart of her chicken stock in the freezer from last time.

Old Yesterday, 02:46 PM

17,103 posts, read 13,801,279 times
Pizza, the more grease on it, the better. Or a burger. Same as hangover food. Needs to be nasty.

Old Yesterday, 02:53 PM

57 posts, read 17,383 times
Ramen noodles. I eat them once every three years or so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or