U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 11:49 AM

3,295 posts, read 2,194,829 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Don't remember seeing this topic before but it may have been here before:

There is not one of us,no matter how careful we are that can honestly say, we never eat any junk food or processed food. So, let me ask, what is your favorite junk or unhealthy food? I will start:

For me, the two that come to mind: 1-pot stickers. NO food value, all carbs but the ones we get at Sams are so good and fun to eat as a snack or as our meal carb: the other would have to be brats. About once every couple of weeks I just have to have a dinner of brats or smoked sausage, with peppers, carrots and whatever else. Sometimes I even do something like Ranen noodles with them: double bad, bad, bad!!!!

I never say that and I love it all: chips, cheeseburgers, potstickers.

And I do not believe they are 'unhealthy'....tell a genuinely starving individual that the potstickers have 'no food value.'
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 11:56 AM

6,315 posts, read 3,406,305 times
Most recent junk food: The disguised TableTalk mini fruit pies. I say “disguised” because they now come in plain brown boxes labeled “Old-fashioned apple pie”. Didn’t fool me, an ex-New Englandite! I recognize those small square boxes even without the iconic dark-red and white package.

It is a reminder of childhood, so I eat it, with a small glass of milk. 3 grams of protein per minipie, not nutritious but a little better than, say, popsicles or Twinkies.

I could easily eat way too many good potato chips, so gotta watch out with those. Tim’s Cascade chips, Kettle plain ripples, Cape Cod originals...

High cacao % dark chocolate...not devoid of nutrition but also something to not overdo.

Old Yesterday, 12:22 PM

3,891 posts, read 3,706,842 times
Quarterpounder at Mcdonalds with Fries and Coke !!
Pepperoni Pizza from Supermarket store - those frozen variety
Supermarket branded cola cans

This is unhealthy junk food.
I know it but as I cook almost everyday in home, this Junk Food is an enjoyable respite for me.

Old Yesterday, 12:56 PM

23,531 posts, read 17,638,908 times
I eat healthy food mainly but also regularly eat junk food in moderation. Chocolate donuts, brownies, Hershey's chocolate bars, Almond Joy bars, Twinkies, sometimes cookies, etc. I eat to live and live to eat.

Old Yesterday, 01:41 PM

3,903 posts, read 2,583,693 times
Yes, I've sunk really low because I like: That fake cheese tip that Tostitos sells in a jar ( heat a cupful in the microwave). I could almost eat the whole jar at one sitting if I have bag of tortilla chips to dunk.

fried spam (with either grits or scrambled eggs)

sea salt and vinegar potato chips (really any kind of Lays potato chips)

Old Yesterday, 02:13 PM

2,710 posts, read 1,141,079 times
As far as I'm concerned, food is food, it's all good. In terms of weight control the only thing that matters in the long run is caloric intake. Eat what tastes good to you in moderation and you won't have any problems. If you have a vitamin deficiency (like B12) that's what vitamins are for.
Quote:

There is not one of us,no matter how careful we are that can honestly say, we never eat any junk food or processed food. So, let me ask, what is your favorite junk or unhealthy food? I will start:

For me, the two that come to mind: 1-pot stickers. NO food value, all carbs but the ones we get at Sams are so good and fun to eat as a snack or as our meal carb: the other would have to be brats. About once every couple of weeks I just have to have a dinner of brats or smoked sausage, with peppers, carrots and whatever else. Sometimes I even do something like Ranen noodles with them: double bad, bad, bad!!!!

Old Yesterday, 03:54 PM

9,340 posts, read 11,366,548 times
Are cookies junk food? I eat them regularly. I just bought a package of thin cinnamon sugar crisp cookies and had one today.

Old Yesterday, 04:08 PM

8,584 posts, read 4,845,926 times
Quote:

None of that would qualify as "junk food" in my world. Ramen noodles aren't the best, but beat in an egg as it's cooking, and it's a quick, easy, and economical meal.

Old Yesterday, 04:32 PM

7,179 posts, read 1,955,658 times
Potato chips. Fortunately, they stopped making most of the good ones. I hate, HATE kettle chips. I don't get the appeal at all. Laura Scudder used to make a chip with sea salt and cooked in peanut oil. OMG were they good.

My husband was buying some at Whole Foods and I had to tell him to stop. If they are around, I eat them.

Other than that, I have a sweet tooth. I can go for a while eating one dark chocolate covered pretzel after lunch to satisfy it but sometimes I need something else. I love to bake but have scaled it way, WAY back. I make a few cakes a year and when they are around, I eat them. But only during the day. If I have them at night, I get heartburn and can't sleep.

Old Yesterday, 04:33 PM

1,374 posts, read 368,310 times
Potato chips
Donuts
Cheesecake
Fries
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or