U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2020, 12:51 PM

16,572 posts, read 10,684,101 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
Food processor
A food processor is just a smaller weaker blender with different blade attachments. You can do without if have a sharp knife and learn how to slice and dice. A blender holds more and some can change blades like the Ninja. I rather use a blender because it allows me to make soups by making purees quicker.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2020, 02:45 AM

4 posts, read 1,444 times
The best food processor for hummus UK is the Kitchen Aid blender I have reviewed above. In my opinion, it is the best food processor because it has all the features needed for carefully making this vegan food.

For example, it has a powerful motor with variable speeds, it is easy to control, and it features a hardened blending component. These attributes make it one of the few food processors or blenders on the market that can actually effortlessly be used to make hummus.

Old 06-25-2020, 03:30 AM

3 posts, read 485 times
I am looking for good blender too, mine was broken recently

Old 06-25-2020, 04:14 AM

58,373 posts, read 4,324,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNW-type-gal View Post
Either it is my technique (and I've tried modifying it) or my particular hand-held, but I find that unless I have used a very tall sided pot, it spatters everywhere. I made carrot curry soup the other day and had little speckles of orange on the stove (and myself).

For hummus (and I like mine with tahini and a lot of garlic and lemon) I have a large and small food processor and tend to use those, depending on batch size.

Get a paper plate & cover the bowl with it, then use a knife to cut a line, so you can put the blender in it. That way any splatter will be stopped by the paper plate.

I prefer my handheld over the larger machines.

Old 06-29-2020, 09:21 PM

4,640 posts, read 3,769,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schuttzie View Post
Is your Vitamix good at blending vegetables for gespacho? I Ninja Pro daily for green smoothies and once a week for gespacho so it gets quite a work out and I am on my second blender in 1.5 years. I need to find a very durable one, I guess, even having to pay more for it.

What model of Vitamix do you use?
All I know about my Vitamix, and I bought a refurbished from them directly mere months ago, is that one, it could crush rocks. Two, it purees smoothies including the spinach leaves I add, so I can't taste them (and sure don't want to). Literally a high-horsepower unit for making shakes (my primary purpose) or larger batches, two separate jugs/receptacles.

I've murdered lesser blenders in the past. 100% of my protein shakes contain ice, crushed but sometimes cubed because the colder the better, they're actually delicious with freshly crushed ice. Buy once, cry once moving forward, as shakes will be a major part of my life very soon for a year or more.

Old 07-03-2020, 10:48 PM

4,065 posts, read 4,454,971 times
Vitamix. It's the BEST.

Although, you can get away with an Oster. Oster's are nice in that they're inexpensive, and you can attach ball jars to them- saves you the hassle of doing extra dishes!

Old Today, 12:00 PM

7,157 posts, read 5,738,093 times
I use a food processor, not a blender. I make small quantities and it's a lot easier to scrape out of a food processor because you can remove the blade.

I have a vitamix blender that I use for blender needs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink