Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2020, 09:00 PM

6,906 posts, read 3,299,821 times

Advertisements

I have never tried Dukes, haven't seen it in SD (or LV). Out west, Hellmann's is known as Best Foods https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hellma...and_Best_Foods . I normally use Best Foods Mayonnaise, can get it at pretty good price. Most of the Aldi's generic stuff is pretty decent, I use some of their generics a lot but never tried the Mayo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2020, 09:05 PM

16,361 posts, read 30,070,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
I'm a stickler for Hellman's. Is any at Aldi's comparable?
It will cost you less than $2 to try it out. If you are NOT happy with it, you can bring it back. Aldi will refund the money and provide you with a replacement.

From their website:

ALDI Twice As Nice Guarantee
We believe we have the best quality products around. We’ve designed and tested our brands to meet or exceed the national brands in taste and quality. We’re so confident in our products that every item in our stores is backed by our unbeatable Twice as Nice Guarantee.*

If for any reason you are not 100% satisfied with the quality of any product, we will gladly replace the product AND refund your money. To receive the Twice as Nice Guarantee, the product packaging and any unused product must be returned to your local ALDI store manager.**

*Please note that a receipt is required to receive a refund in the original form of payment. Customers who do not provide a receipt will receive an ALDI Merchandise Credit gift card equal to the current retail price of the returned item.

**The Twice As Nice Guarantee does not apply to non-food ALDI Finds items, alcohol national brands and non-quality related issues.

Return Policy
At ALDI, we’re so confident in our ALDI-exclusive food items that we’ve backed them with our unbeatable Twice as Nice Guarantee. For items not covered by the Twice as Nice Guarantee (non-food ALDI Find items, alcohol*, national brands or non-quality related issues), a replacement or refund** will be offered. In addition, some of our ALDI-exclusive brands and national brand offerings are covered by a manufacturers' limited warranty. Please consult the instruction manual or warranty card that came with the product to determine how to make a warranty claim.

Old 03-02-2020, 06:17 AM

77,772 posts, read 104,160,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddeemo View Post
I have never tried Dukes, haven't seen it in SD (or LV). Out west, Hellmann's is known as Best Foods https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hellma...and_Best_Foods . I normally use Best Foods Mayonnaise, can get it at pretty good price. Most of the Aldi's generic stuff is pretty decent, I use some of their generics a lot but never tried the Mayo.
We always or mostly use Hellman's or as you say, when we lived on the west coast it was Best Foods. As for Dukes, I did buy a jar recently and I was not as impressed as many seem to be.

To the OP, Aldi's tastes more like Kraft to me. I will use it when making a dressing or something like that. When using on a sandwich it pretty much has to be Hellman's. I have to admit I am a huge mayo user so the cost of Aldis is tempting.

When some say they have to toss a jar sometimes because they can't us it all, I have to smile. I have never had trouble using a jar. Probably mayo is the one thing that is super high in fat that I can't live without or wouldn't want to anyway.

Old 03-02-2020, 06:29 AM

6,337 posts, read 4,066,092 times
For my taste, this Japanese Mayo Kewpie is the best and I’ve experienced it in a crab salad in a really good Japanese restaurant. My second choice, which Kroger happens to carry is Sir Kensington’s.

Last edited by Rickcin; 11-23-2020 at 08:39 AM..

Old 03-02-2020, 10:25 AM

17,336 posts, read 13,071,228 times
WE tried Aldi's whipped mayonnaise as a Miracle Whip alternative. Threw it out!

Old 03-02-2020, 05:10 PM

2,696 posts, read 3,752,201 times
I like Duke's which is sold at Aldi. I haven't tried the other one they have.

Old 03-02-2020, 08:35 PM

4,085 posts, read 2,519,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maus View Post
I like Duke's which is sold at Aldi. I haven't tried the other one they have.
Your local Aldi sells Dukes's? Here, I have to go to a local chain grocery store to get it.

Old 03-03-2020, 06:14 AM

77,772 posts, read 104,160,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formerly Known As Twenty View Post
Your local Aldi sells Dukes's? Here, I have to go to a local chain grocery store to get it.
and not even all our chain stores sell Duke's here. WalMart does.

Old 03-03-2020, 12:10 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,277,853 times
I'd bet good money that Hellman's /Best Foods bottles Aldi's Burman's line for them.

Old 03-03-2020, 12:56 PM

127 posts, read 60,708 times
I've tried the Aldi brand (Burman's) of salad dressing/miracle whip. It had a weird taste to me also. I ended up throwing the jar out because no one wanted to use it any longer. Some stuff by Burman's is A-ok. That, I ddin't like.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink