U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 03-16-2020, 03:01 PM
 
1,750 posts, read 1,150,621 times
Reputation: 4377

Advertisements

I can't place a pickup order at the walmarts near me, and I was wondering if that's so for others. I couldn't find anything in the news about it, but did read that Stop and shop has suspended pickup (https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/14/coro...ed-demand.html)



If you have the walmart grocery app, that shows 7 days, as opposed to just online, which only shows 2 days. I was wondering, if you have the app, are you finding there's no availability for pick up?


I don't mean their limiting items, but rather no longer doing pickup orders at all.
Rate this post positively

 
Old 03-16-2020, 03:25 PM
 
Location: SE Florida
1,371 posts, read 495,050 times
Reputation: 4387
They may not have enough in stock to allow it.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 03-16-2020, 04:03 PM
 
5,524 posts, read 3,281,042 times
Reputation: 12115
I think that's the reason. I read somewhere that another delivery service was cancelled because they had so much stuff out of stock. So those shoppers and in some places, deliverers, are also not working.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 03-16-2020, 05:01 PM
 
Location: Virginia
8,910 posts, read 4,905,836 times
Reputation: 24396
They have where I live. I tried to place an order online today and there was no grocery pickup available. last week (Wednesday) when I had my last order I waited almost an hour to get my groceries, which was an extraordinary amount of time for that store. Normally I'm in and out in 5 minutes for my pickups.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 03-16-2020, 06:33 PM
 
1,750 posts, read 1,150,621 times
Reputation: 4377
Honestly, the things I was ordering wouldn't have been out of stock, as I've got all the things people are looking for now. Perhaps some things, but surely not all. I think they have suspended and haven't announced yet. Perhaps it's a temporary thing while they figure out how to clean overnight (less open hours) and they can't manage that as well as using employees to "pick" for customers.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 03-16-2020, 07:05 PM
 
Location: SE Florida
1,371 posts, read 495,050 times
Reputation: 4387
Quote:
Originally Posted by crusinsusan View Post
Honestly, the things I was ordering wouldn't have been out of stock, as I've got all the things people are looking for now. Perhaps some things, but surely not all. I think they have suspended and haven't announced yet. Perhaps it's a temporary thing while they figure out how to clean overnight (less open hours) and they can't manage that as well as using employees to "pick" for customers.
They can't pick and chose what orders they fill. If they can't fill most, if not all, orders, they aren't going to fill any in order to avoid upsetting customers.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 03-17-2020, 08:30 PM
Status: "Monsoooooon!" (set 17 days ago)
 
Location: Dessert
9,069 posts, read 4,806,726 times
Reputation: 23233
I've been striking out ordering online, it says there are no pickup appointments available.
I have the app, but can't find an option for curbside pickup, and all the food items were flagged as in store purchase only.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 03-17-2020, 11:10 PM
Status: "Monsoooooon!" (set 17 days ago)
 
Location: Dessert
9,069 posts, read 4,806,726 times
Reputation: 23233
Quote:
Originally Posted by steiconi View Post
I've been striking out ordering online, it says there are no pickup appointments available.
I have the app, but can't find an option for curbside pickup, and all the food items were flagged as in store purchase only.
Aha! There's a grocery app separate from their regular app.
It says there is no pickup slot availability for the next seven days at my local store.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 03-18-2020, 08:36 AM
 
21,044 posts, read 6,576,009 times
Reputation: 13851
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalove View Post
They have where I live. I tried to place an order online today and there was no grocery pickup available. last week (Wednesday) when I had my last order I waited almost an hour to get my groceries, which was an extraordinary amount of time for that store. Normally I'm in and out in 5 minutes for my pickups.

I heard this is some sort of pandemic going on. Perhaps that is the reason?
Rate this post positively
 
Old 03-18-2020, 09:45 AM
 
21,003 posts, read 9,473,739 times
Reputation: 26150
Quote:
Originally Posted by steiconi View Post
I've been striking out ordering online, it says there are no pickup appointments available.
I have the app, but can't find an option for curbside pickup, and all the food items were flagged as in store purchase only.

I've been using grocery deliver and curbside pickup quite a bit for the last few years but we have to realize it is still a niche market, used by a very tiny percentage of their overall customers. The service is simply not equipped to handle a significant number of customers.
Rate this post positively
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.



All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2022, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top