Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2020, 09:50 PM

1,149 posts, read 934,829 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
nothing although drinking more wine.
Me too!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2020, 10:36 PM

5,638 posts, read 6,516,173 times
We're eating a lot more baked sweets. Tasty, but not good for the belly. Drinking a bit more, too, especially wine. I used to run every morning, WTH has happened to me. haha

Stay safe everyone! Things will get better!

Old 04-15-2020, 10:46 PM

300 posts, read 148,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaimuki View Post
We're eating a lot more baked sweets. Tasty, but not good for the belly. Drinking a bit more, too, especially wine. I used to run every morning, WTH has happened to me. haha

same here, former runner, now I drink more, actually eating less, but trying to get back into the previous healthful routine. It's hard, but have to say, it's fun.

Old 04-16-2020, 05:19 AM

1,343 posts, read 1,372,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
In general I am trying to cook things that stretch out the ingredients. So instead of steak, use the meat to make beef barley soup and such. (not specifically). Also trying to add more beans to our diet, which is good for you anyway.

It's much more of a balancing act when cooking, but I kinda enjoy the challenge.

It's like a very private, very slow moving cooking competition.
This made me laugh. Yes, we're like that, too -- all of what you wrote.

Also, somehow, dry roasted peanuts, lightly salted, slipped under the tent flaps and have become our go-to treat for when we want a nibble.

Old 04-16-2020, 06:06 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaimuki View Post

I am not a dessert eater as a rule, but now catch myself looking for something sweet almost every morning as I get my coffee.

Old 04-16-2020, 08:39 AM

13,721 posts, read 19,258,895 times
We ate out a lot - most of of the time - before the pandemic. Now we are eating mostly at home and eating a whole lot more baked potatoes and more steak. More steak because when I went to Costco to stock up weeks ago, the more expensive cuts of meat were all that were left. There was not a chicken to be found at that time!

Old 04-16-2020, 10:22 AM

30,585 posts, read 25,161,541 times
I have baked cookies twice. I am not a big baker normally. It just seems to me that we both crave comfort food now. I keep flour, sugar and butter around, but have few special ingredients for baking. I used an entire tub of rolled oats in my oatmeal cookies!

You know, even with plain baking, when you use butter and real vanilla, you get a better product than when you buy from the store. The oatmeal cookies (Joy of Cooking) called for an unusual amount of vanilla. I think that amount makes the cookies especially tasty.

Old 04-16-2020, 10:24 AM

2,790 posts, read 1,644,265 times
Chips, pretzel, bread, cereal, brownies

Old 04-16-2020, 11:51 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,656,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
I have baked cookies twice. I am not a big baker normally. It just seems to me that we both crave comfort food now. I keep flour, sugar and butter around, but have few special ingredients for baking. I used an entire tub of rolled oats in my oatmeal cookies!

You know, even with plain baking, when you use butter and real vanilla, you get a better product than when you buy from the store. The oatmeal cookies (Joy of Cooking) called for an unusual amount of vanilla. I think that amount makes the cookies especially tasty.
Nothing like homemade cookies! You prob. won't want to go back to store bought after this.

Old 04-16-2020, 01:06 PM

10,895 posts, read 7,389,984 times
Cocktail peanuts. I didn't order them this time in an attempt to cut back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink