Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2020, 08:15 AM

12,722 posts, read 7,572,348 times

Advertisements

My favorite is Mama noodles. They have so many good flavors that are good like green curry, pad kee, minced pork, tom yum, duck, tom saab, etc. Just about any ramen will do if you know what you're doing to flavor it. A little lime juice and chili paste one day, some sesame oil and soy sauce another, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
in order to get quality dry ramen you have to pay atleast $1.75 or more each.
Hah nope, you need to go to a proper Asian market and see what they have, there is plenty of good imported dry ramen for less than $1.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2020, 08:17 AM

19,437 posts, read 27,827,273 times
I have JUST found "The Instant Ramen Official Power Rankings" Glad to see many of my favorite brands are ranked so high (indomie, Shin Black)

https://www.latimes.com/food/story/2...lucas-peterson

Old 06-08-2020, 01:24 PM

52,249 posts, read 52,668,250 times
Both products will put you into an early death if you eat them too much.

I remember my college days of being broke as a joke. Same goes with the boxed mac and cheese. It's all crap food but it's great if your broke and or drunk, LOL.

I knew this guy that eat nothing but Tina brand frozen burritos. He was trying to save money for a down payment on a house. I think back then you could get 3 for a buck I think it was.

Good lord, I don 't know if he lived long enough to move in. LOL

Old 06-08-2020, 05:59 PM

5,511 posts, read 4,474,723 times
My Vite Ramen noodles arrived! They're pretty good, and cook in 3 minutes! Annoying thing is it takes 2 to 5 weeks to arrive from ordering, and comes to $4.5 a brick (shipping is cited higher due to "the times"), but I could see myself getting another order of these!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Both products will put you into an early death if you eat them too much.

I remember my college days of being broke as a joke. Same goes with the boxed mac and cheese. It's all crap food but it's great if your broke and or drunk, LOL.

I knew this guy that eat nothing but Tina brand frozen burritos. He was trying to save money for a down payment on a house. I think back then you could get 3 for a buck I think it was.

Good lord, I don 't know if he lived long enough to move in. LOL
Somebody I knew working in maritime shipping on cargo ships. They were provided some free food, where one crew member ate mostly beer and chocolate. He gained A LOT of weight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lieqiang View Post
Hah nope, you need to go to a proper Asian market and see what they have, there is plenty of good imported dry ramen for less than $1.
I used to live near a few Asian supermarkets. I miss some of the stuff there! These days, I need to rely on online for the more specialty stuff that I used to be able to just walk in and buy like any other item

Old 06-08-2020, 07:03 PM

15,592 posts, read 15,669,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog_Mom View Post
They put the flavoring in a packet because not everyone wants the full amount of flavoring. That way you can adjust it to your preference.
Actually, I think they put it in the packet so that it's not absorbed by the noodles.

Old 06-08-2020, 09:41 PM

5,511 posts, read 4,474,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog_Mom View Post
They put the flavoring in a packet because not everyone wants the full amount of flavoring. That way you can adjust it to your preference.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
Actually, I think they put it in the packet so that it's not absorbed by the noodles.
I can see both. With salads, it lets you customize it (amount of dressing, croutons, etc.). For Sundaes, no nuts for those allergic or just don't like them.

Old 06-10-2020, 04:29 PM

735 posts, read 452,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lieqiang View Post
My favorite is Mama noodles. They have so many good flavors that are good like green curry, pad kee, minced pork, tom yum, duck, tom saab, etc. Just about any ramen will do if you know what you're doing to flavor it. A little lime juice and chili paste one day, some sesame oil and soy sauce another, etc.

My favorite too! Mama makes very tasty instant noodles. My favorite are the tom yum and the roasted duck flavors. My kid like the pork flavor (not spicy).

Old 06-10-2020, 06:09 PM

837 posts, read 1,710,728 times
I don't like the dehydrated add-ins (vegetables, egg, chicken) they put in the cup version. With Top Ramen, I add my own vegetables, etc to make a meal. It's easy and inexpensive, but not for every day.

Old 06-11-2020, 07:20 AM

19,437 posts, read 27,827,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ackmondual View Post
My Vite Ramen noodles arrived! They're pretty good, and cook in 3 minutes! Annoying thing is it takes 2 to 5 weeks to arrive from ordering, and comes to $4.5 a brick (shipping is cited higher due to "the times"), but I could see myself getting another order of these!
Even if shipping were free, overnight FedEx, paying four bucks for a brick of dyhydrated ramen noodles? Not in my world.

Old 06-11-2020, 12:12 PM

11,055 posts, read 6,639,868 times
We used to get the organic ramen packets, then use homemade broth and our own veggies. Sometimes with coconut oil and peanut butter. Poached egg. It was one of my favorite meals.

Anthony Bourdain had a few shows featuring authentic ramen bowls and my mouth would water!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink