U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2020, 03:27 PM

253 posts, read 141,841 times

Advertisements

I've done so many different pieces of kitchen equipment... but my favorite, always used, definitely a workhouse... kitchenaid stand mixer. Love it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2020, 04:24 PM

2,909 posts, read 3,571,346 times
Vitamix, I've had 2 over the course of 45 years...I use it for soups, smoothies, shushy adult beverages, pulverize popcorn into cornmeal, turn whole tomatoes/fruit into puree instantly....

Regards
Gemstone1

Old 06-16-2020, 04:38 PM

12,605 posts, read 17,656,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartWA View Post
Going by the multi function aspect, I’d go with a Kitchen Aid stand mixer, mostly for the pasta and meat grinder attachments.

I’m starting a kitchen over again from scratch. A food processor is nice, but I have great knife skills. I want to bake more, bread, flatbread, pizza dough, so yeah, a stand mixer.

My wife bakes cooks and what not. She has food processor. I am actually quite angry, as that thing is just perty piece of equipment used almost never, as, in the time she has to set it all up, then clean, she does everything the old way - hands, knives, rolling pin, spatula and such.
About the only thing, outside of basic kitchen hand utensils, that she uses a lot, is one of the 2 hand mixers we have.

And don't even speak of juicers.... those cleaning nightmares....

Old 06-16-2020, 04:45 PM

362 posts, read 413,040 times
My bread machine is the star of the kitchen right now. Before that probably my television as cooking shows have inspired me to expand my horizons in the world of cuisine. Microwave comes in handy too.

Old 06-16-2020, 07:14 PM

2,674 posts, read 1,214,616 times
A really good set of sharp knives

Old 06-17-2020, 04:16 AM

5,071 posts, read 2,226,067 times
Cast iron griddle is what I use most. Seemingly for everything. We put the toaster away. Grill bread.

We also use our electric citrus juicer a lot more than I ever thought, due to cheap limes where we retired.

I bought an expensive juicer, but man. The greens and what not, are so expensive, we end up not using it. SIGH.

Old 06-17-2020, 05:41 AM

75,824 posts, read 88,700,431 times
So many interesting answers. When I think of versatile I think of something that can be used many ways. So I have to say our electric pressure cooker. The equipment we use the most is our air fryer and the thing I couldn't live without are good cutting knives and meat shears.

Old 06-17-2020, 06:42 AM

587 posts, read 174,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
I really do use my KA mixer and my Breville counter top oven. They are minor workhorses.

But the thing I drag out to use continually is my Instant Pot. On Sunday I made yogurt and yesterday I cooked black beans. Today I will cook potatoes in it; tomorrow I will probably make brown rice or quinoa. The black beans I cooked in the IP yesterday, were made with chicken broth I had previously made in the IP.

It has become my workhorse. I am planning to upgrade to the newest model, frankly, plus, I also have a smaller IP.

Of all of my kitchen equipment, I use my food processor the least. And, I also use my chef's knife daily.
Yes! Instant Pot!

Old 06-17-2020, 07:05 AM

776 posts, read 206,910 times
For us this is rather easy.
1. Chef's knives, we use them every day, many times each day.
2. Our Vita-Mix blender, we are WFPB vegan so we use the Vita-Mix
every day for smoothies, sauces, cashew creams, vegan cheeses etc.
3. InstantPot, it gets used nearly every day, from making a batch of
beans about every 3 days, making soups, stews, wholegrain cereals,
and desserts, what a time saver. And why heat up the kitchen when
the InstantPot can put a meal on the table quickly and rather hands-
off.
4. NutriMill, we use it nearly daily to grind our wheat berries, grains, and
beans, which we buy in bulk, into flour. Flour fresh as fresh can be!

Even before the pandemic we home cooked/prepared 90 - 95% of our meals, we both enjoy cooking and baking, and reap the rewards of healthy, nutritious foods.

Last edited by Bellacatahoula; 06-17-2020 at 07:21 AM..

Old 06-17-2020, 08:47 AM

8,739 posts, read 5,313,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
So many interesting answers. When I think of versatile I think of something that can be used many ways. So I have to say our electric pressure cooker. The equipment we use the most is our air fryer and the thing I couldn't live without are good cutting knives and meat shears.
I agree. It seems like many people misinterpreted the question as "what piece of equipment do you use the most?"

I use my tea kettle every single day but I wouldn't call it versatile. It has one job: heating water. I also have a KitchenAid but I don't have any extra attachments and use it only for mixing when I make cakes or meringues, so for me it is not versatile.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or