U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2020, 10:38 PM

3,008 posts, read 8,202,173 times

Advertisements

I made a quick grocery store trip this morning. I needed some fresh veggies and seasonings. I got a bag of Tampico ground oregano to refill one shaker, and I went to pick up a shaker of Mrs. Dash and noticed the label looked different. I don't use much salt on my food, but I put Mrs. Dash on just about everything I cook. I got out my reading glasses, and noticed that Mrs. Dash got fired. Now the label just says "Dash".

I know many other brands are suddenly trying to become more politically correct, but Mrs. Dash? Another old label bites the dust.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 05:57 AM

17,854 posts, read 22,326,686 times
It's getting ridiculous with all this politically correct crap. I am so over it. first it was the Indian on Land O lakes butter.

Old Yesterday, 06:25 AM

12,379 posts, read 6,676,114 times
Stop looking to be outraged about everything. It wasn't a PC move. They just wanted a name that was shorter and simpler.

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...301008429.html

Old Yesterday, 07:41 AM

7,980 posts, read 4,490,555 times
What a bunch of marketing drivel. My guess is they decided that "Mrs" implied "old" and "boomer" and they wanted to be "more twentysomething/millennial" sounding. It's a wonder they didn't call it "i-Dash." Just think of the marketing tie in there. Get a recipe on the iPhone to cook in the i-pan on the i-stove using i-Dash because i-hungry.

Old Yesterday, 08:25 AM

16,092 posts, read 20,836,358 times
I suspect that Mrs. was eliminated because Ms. Dash looked weirder than simply Dash. But the PC type changes in food marketing are widespread.

Aunt Jemima, Mrs Butterworth and Uncle Ben 'retired' earlier this year amid the BLM protests. Eskimo Pie is getting a name change, and the American Indian woman has a.ready been removed from Land of Lakes butter packaging.

It's not a new phenomenon. Sambo's Restaurants had to change the name of their location (300+ ??) in the late 70's.

Old Yesterday, 08:30 AM

13,505 posts, read 8,319,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnff View Post
What a bunch of marketing drivel. My guess is they decided that "Mrs" implied "old" and "boomer" and they wanted to be "more twentysomething/millennial" sounding. It's a wonder they didn't call it "i-Dash." Just think of the marketing tie in there. Get a recipe on the iPhone to cook in the i-pan on the i-stove using i-Dash because i-hungry.
Exactly! Overpaid idiots in 3-piece suits trying to categorize everyone according to a set of stereotypes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
Stop looking to be outraged about everything. It wasn't a PC move. They just wanted a name that was shorter and simpler.
I call BS -- NOTHING is ever that simple on Madison Avenue.

Last edited by 2nd trick op; Yesterday at 08:49 AM..

Old Yesterday, 08:30 AM

14,119 posts, read 20,055,423 times
Who gives a ****?

Old Yesterday, 08:56 AM

12,379 posts, read 6,676,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McBain II View Post
Who gives a ****?
Exactly. It's just people looking to be offended so they can complain about how everyone's offended.

And they fail to see the irony.

Old Yesterday, 09:04 AM

4,051 posts, read 2,036,003 times
I always thought it was just plain Dash.

Old Yesterday, 09:59 AM

14,119 posts, read 20,055,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
Exactly. It's just people looking to be offended so they can complain about how everyone's offended.

And they fail to see the irony.
I know, right? Do these people seriously have such an emotional attachment to a friggin brand that this stuff bothers them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink